Author Topic: Swollen eye  (Read 1116 times)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Swollen eye
« on: July 18, 2021, 09:07:57 AM »
Morning

I think Ash has been bitten just above the eye and it’s swollen and so yesterday I went and bought piriton - gave her half a tablet this morning

Does anyone know how long it will take to go down?

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Swollen eye
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 02:05:12 PM »
I‘d think it rather depends on what it was that bit/stung her :huh:. In my experience a normal bite goes down in about 24 hours but if its was  longer and/or it was causing obvious discomfort, I’d probably get it checked out.
 :bigarmhug: to Ash!  :luv:

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 07:10:51 PM »
Ended up calling vet - as the side of her head was swollen as well (saw vet at 11.15am)

Well that's gonna cost me - Sunday, steroid injection, steroid tablets and antibiotics

Not to mention the dye in her eye

Told vet half a piriton tablet given at 6.30am this morning,she said and that's not brought it down?' I thought I was going to get told off  :shades:

Now 7pm and eye has opened a lot, swelling on side of head still there but no worse, vet did say may not see a difference until tomorrow.

I have to take her back Mon or Tue to get her temp checked as her tem is up( not sure how they know when she has never been to vets before- went to different vet for her vaccination)  or take her if she is off her food, swelling goes up etc.   Mmm off her food, nah I am sure she is a lab where food is concerned  :005: 

Not herself, erm right ok, who would be after going to vets and being messed around with. Hence she slept a fair bit this after, but now it's where my ball  ph34 :005:

Fingers crossed for a good night and the swelling to have gone down

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 01:29:28 AM »
Sorry to hear this Cazza and hope you see an improvement in Ash in the morning. I also hope the premium hours’ bill isn’t too gulpy too!

John.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 07:06:08 AM »
Thanks John

she’s a lot better swelling on top of head has gone down but still swollen on the side

She is back to vet at 2pm today so will see what they say

She is all ok bar the swelling - no changes in character etc eating normally

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 01:02:09 AM »
Hi Cazza, how’s Ash and how did the vet apt go? I hope things are improving and that the vet had the required answers.
Glad there are no other changes in her, hopefully it’s a harmless insect bite/sting.
John

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 05:41:42 AM »
Hi John,

appointment went ok, she still has a slight temperature and swelling on the side ( swelling has now gone down to size of a large pea, so we are getting there)

She’s back to vets on Friday

I think she was stung by a cleg - just googled Cleg for the none Scottish members and it’s a horsefly  ;)

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2021, 12:21:52 AM »
Hi Cazza,
Sorry this is late. How is Ash? I’ve not heard of Cleg’s for years, I know the bites are nasty and very itchy. I hope she’s on the mend.

John

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2021, 06:32:09 AM »
Well Ash is back to normal  :luv:  and I haven’t walked her in the meadow since - still not received the vet bill yet, so not sure by how much my bank balance will reduce  :005: but she’s worth it

But I was bitten by a cleg on my cheek last week, ooo boy that side of my face swelled up - spoke to my GP on the phone on Friday and they said they were rife this year and the doctor’s surgery were triaging a lot of clegg bites this year

It has taken nearly a week for mine to go down using piriton and paracetamol

Stay safe out there everyone  :D