Author Topic: Pancreatic Enzymes additives  (Read 1824 times)

Online MIN

• GEMMA
Pancreatic Enzymes additives
« on: June 28, 2023, 04:21:48 PM »
Wondering if anyone has used these supplements and if so did they help.
 Gemma needs all help she can get, first day on reduced steroids and she has taken a backward step again.  I know the vet is the answer but trying to get alternatives to put to him
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Pancreatic Enzymes additives
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 12:11:24 AM »
Below is a copy of a post by Phoenix earlier this year. When Branston had his first bout of pancreatis the vet recommended Cobalaplex which certainly seemed to help, along with antibiotics. Details here https://www.vetuk.co.uk/dog-supplements-cat-supplements-multi-vitamin-and-mineral-c-5_222/protexin-cobalaplex-for-cats-and-dogs-60-sprinkle-capsules-p-41030    I got mine from VetUk (cheaper than the vet)

"Several cockers on here have had pancreatitis that develops into Epi, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.   The pancreas is worn out.  There are symptoms that include desperate hunger because they can’t digest their food and will lose weight .     The poo is greasy looking yellow / grey and like  a cowpat or Mr Whippy.
There is a specific blood test your vet could do, called cTli .  Most vets know nothing about epi. My vet eventually saved my dog just in time. Then giving enzymes in the food replaces the missing ones and the dog improves with B12  and antibiotics,  normal low fibre food. It is a life long condition, but my  dog lived with it for eight years till she was 12 .The best information is on our website:
www epi4dogs.com
All breeds of dogs can suffer from this . Vets suffer from lack of experience with it. Any questions you have,do please send me a private message. Do suggest it to your vet, they may be grateful."

Hope this helps.  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for Gemma and you  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Online MIN

• GEMMA
Re: Pancreatic Enzymes additives
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2023, 10:11:09 AM »
Thank you. Shall have a good look
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----