Author Topic: Poop On Hair  (Read 607 times)

Offline yasluna

• Site Member
Poop On Hair
« on: January 21, 2006, 04:36:01 AM »
Hi again, popis is a cocker spaniel and she is three months. I have a problem every time she poops, I cannot explain why or how, but she gets poop all over her back legs so I have to wash her at least two times a day. any sugestions?

also, her poop smells reeeeaally bad, but I mean reeeeeaally, reeeeeeeeaaally bad, and her pee also has a very strong odor. is this normal? does it have anything to do with the type of food she eats? if so, what food brand do you recommend?

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
Poop On Hair
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 07:02:05 AM »
Hi again, popis is a cocker spaniel and she is three months. I have a problem every time she poops, I cannot explain why or how, but she gets poop all over her back legs so I have to wash her at least two times a day. any sugestions?

also, her poop smells reeeeaally bad, but I mean reeeeeaally, reeeeeeeeaaally bad, and her pee also has a very strong odor. is this normal? does it have anything to do with the type of food she eats? if so, what food brand do you recommend?
[snapback]177542[/snapback]

Sounds like it could be food giving her a bit of a gushy bum, but there again it could be something totally different. I don't remember having the same prob with mine. Is her poo runny all the time if it ens up all over her back legs??
Did you mention this to the vet when she got her firty jab or is the poo all over the plave a new thing??

I raw feed so wouldn't be able to help with a brand. I know others use JamesWellbeloved, Naturesdiet and Nutro but they'll come along and help you with that, I only really know about BARF (raw feeding).

Offline Petra

• Site Member
  • yippee, water!!
Poop On Hair
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 01:47:42 PM »
Hello

As already mentioned, it sounds like Popis has a runny bum.   That combined with the smelly wee would make me visit the vet as a first port of call.

What do you feed?

Petra

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Poop On Hair
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 03:55:12 PM »
It sounds like she has a runny poo problem, but also the urine smelling storngly should be looked into, a trip to the vet. Poo shouldn't be getting stuck to fur normally, neither of mine have had this happen unless they have been unwell.

Feeding a good food without too many additives and colours is imortant, and can help make poo firmer, and lhappen less often as their is less waste.

My first port of cal would be the vets - she may have a urine infection which can cause smells like you describe.
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)