Author Topic: Do we go to the vet or not??  (Read 15105 times)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Re: Do we go to the vet or not??
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 07:31:57 PM »
ah yes, the dying swan act :005:  You know, in all the time of taking Chloe to the vets (and that was in the hundreds!), she never actually looked ill and would spin round in a frenzy ph34r  After a while they knew that I knew when she was sick but for a while I got the old 'she looks fine to me' speech......
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 07:38:21 PM »
If she's fine in herself, then maybe she's thinking about coming in season  :huh:  ;)

Oh please don't say that  :o  I'm hoping that she is going to be a late bloomer like Mary's Lottie  :005: Maybe better start checking lady bits now then  ::)

I've struggled to find a food that she would eat although I haven't wanted to chop and change too much for obvious reasons. We discovered early on she will not eat dry food even when its moistened so tried various tinned foods before settling on Davies chubs which she seemed to enjoy more than any other. She has been fed this for a good few weeks now so it might be that she is simply going off it but she even turned her nose up at sardines and gravy bones  :-\  I have come home to two piles of diarrhoea which I think are from her (a bit too small to be from Disney I think) so will definitely err on the side of caution and take her along tomorrow.

At the minute she is beating the living daylights out of Aspen so she definitely doesn'tr appear to be under the weather. would be much easier if she would do the dying swan act  :005:

oh gawd she sounds just like jarvis was at that age...he was a right b****r to a) feed  and b) to find food that agreed with him and c) he steadfastly refused kibble and d) we tried very hard not to chop and change foods too.....and we had a re-occuring icky bottom syndrome (but full of beans....).  only difference is he's not likely to come into season ;)

the good news is he's much better at 18 months (not long to wait  ;)) and now has a healthy appetite :lol: and is on 'mostly' barf with a bit of arden grange and naturediet.

(and he went off sardines and gravy bones as well  ::) )

good luck, hopefully just a 'blip' with her tummy - I would get her checked out if you're going to the vets anyway.
helen & jarvis x

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 07:48:36 PM »
I would probably go to the vet,if only for my own peace of mind. ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 12:33:04 PM »
I don't tend to rush Alfie and Tilly to the vets, bad mother that I am. Unless they were really being ill and had the runs for more than a full day and were looking under the weather I'd just starve them for a day then try scrambled egg or chicken and rice and see how they went on that. If it's just a bug it'll pass through and I'd rather not give them anitbiotics they don't really need and if it's more serious then that would be apparent in the way they were acting.

God, please don't report me to the doggy social services... they are never sick anyway!  ph34r
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 02:51:11 PM »
I am getting a bit better at not rushing them off to the vets for the smallest thing anymore  :005:  A few weeks ago Disney had a tummy bug and had the squits for a week which I was just treating with pro-kolin. Just as I started to panic and thought I had better take him to the vet before I got reported, it cleared up  :005:

Jersey had a couple of mouthfuls this morning and 3/4 of her afternoon meal............the result of this is the most foul smelling diarrhoea. It really is rank  ph34r
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline jools

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 04:59:22 PM »
Think she does need to see the vet, Gill....doesn't sound right. poor wee Jersey
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 05:24:24 PM »
Hope Jersey gets on at the vets okay tonighte Gill :blink: :blink: xxxxxxxxx

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »
Hope Jersey gets on at the vets okay tonighte Gill :blink: :blink: xxxxxxxxx

ditto  ;)

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 06:51:41 PM »
Hope she is all ok :luv:
  Mich, Bailey and Poppy xxxxx

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 07:30:31 PM »
The vet thinks she has been incubating an infection, especially as Disney now also has diarrhoea pouring from him.  There was no obstruction felt when palpating her tummy and her colour is good. Her insides are very gassy apparently so the vet has given her a steroid injection for the inflammation and to stimulate her appetite, and a long acting antibiotic injection. If she is no better by Saturday, I have to take her back and the vet was talking about x-raying her  :huh: Disney has to go in too if he is no better.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 07:34:10 PM »
ewwwww disney!

poor pooches  :-\  as penel says i think there are a few nasty bugs going around, so hope they recover really quickly.

get well soon disney and jersey, it may be chicken and rice for you!  (bet jersey will actually really love that  :shades: )
helen & jarvis x

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 07:35:11 PM »
Awwwww bless hope they both improve soon :luv:
  Mich, Bailey and Poppy xxxxx

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 07:35:51 PM »
Awwww poor darlin's :luv: :luv:.................hope they feel better soon Gill................and you dont have too much dia wotsit to clean up ewwww ph34r

GET WELL SOON :luv: :luv:

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2007, 07:55:50 PM »
Hope they are feeling better soon Gill.

Good luck with the cleaning!  :005:
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline jools

• Site Member