Author Topic: Which camera do you use for action pics  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Philtrum

• Site Member
    • www.PhilLawrencePhoto.co.uk
Re: Which camera do you use for action pics
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 08:00:27 PM »
I've got the canon 350d, the vast majority of dslr are great cameras, be that from canon, nikon, olympus, sony, fuji, etc etc, however you can take good shots with a non slr, either with whats called a "bridge" camera, its like an slr but without the interchangable lenses, some do have electronic viewfinders, which I would personally avoid like the plague, or with a point and shoot, the point and shoot are good, but suffer from shutter delay, so as long as you can press the button before you want the picture taken then you capture what you want.

at the end of the day you have to work to your budget, but if you can invest in a 2nd hand dslr I doubt you would regret it, you can find them for about 150ish if you look about and then add lenses as you can afford/want to

sometimes the wait is worth it

Phil

Offline hblower

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 09:03:18 PM »
I have a nikon D50 with an 18-70mm nikon ED lense(digital) and an 85 to 300mm Nikon ED lense i think it is. it is true you do need to ensure you have good kit but above all good lenses.  shoot lots of pics and have a play with it is the best advice i can give.  the new Nikon entry level i think the D100 or something is supposed to be very good.  we have taken ours round the world and to several COL meets so you can have a look at the pics if tyou want from last year.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 11:10:36 PM »
TBH if you have a canon 400d and only use it in the 'automatic' modes then you're missing out on the potential of the camera and of your photo's.

None of my photo's are taken on sports or Auto - I have so much more to learn with it yet too.

experiment with the other settings  ;)

This is what OH and I are committed to doing this year; we have subscribed to a couple of magazines (as well as the EOS mag) and I hope to go on one of the Experience Day Seminars later this year  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club