Author Topic: Buying Online  (Read 2279 times)

Offline chickrockguitar

• Site Member
  • My Little Marlee Boy!
Buying Online
« on: February 24, 2009, 08:04:13 PM »
Hey all,

Not sure if this goes here, but if need be, please move.

I wanted to ask your opinions really. I'm looking to get a new camera. After much research, and going into Jessops to check it out, I've chosen the Canon Powershot SX110 IS. Now, online the best prices I can see are about £162-169.

http://www.bitesizedeals.co.uk/Canon-Powershot-SX110IS-9MP-Digital-Camera-with-10x-Optical-Image-Stabilized-Zoom-Black-product_1589.html

http://www.bestpricedbrands.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=1589

http://www.buyacamera.co.uk/xsearch.asp?RecId=CANCA304&pt=f

I buy online all the time, clothes, books, doggy things etc etc. But I've never brought anything of this value before online, and I was wondering weather you think I should go for the best price, or pay a little more from somewhere well known like Amazon or CameraBox etc etc. I'm not sure what to do for the best.

Thanks for your input.
-Alex

Offline seaangler

Re: Buying Online
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 08:13:26 PM »
When you go on line just make sure it has what is called a protective zone..That is with the lock and key and you should be o.k to pay for it over the net..You should see this either at the botton or the top of you page you are looking at..Chris

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 08:13:42 PM »
If there is only a couple/few pounds in it I prefer to buy from Amazon - only because I totally trust the site & company.  I buy from Amazon all the time personal & business and find the site very easy to use plus they are completely reliable.  

Offline september

• Site Member
  • Summer is for ball throwing!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 08:38:56 PM »
We buy loads online, most recently tv's, psp and bed!! and haven't really had any problems.  I would go for a 'known' site as my first choice and pay on credit card if you can then you have more protection and comeback if you have any problems.

Offline chickrockguitar

• Site Member
  • My Little Marlee Boy!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 08:50:17 PM »
Thanks for the replys guys.
I've just looked on CameraBox, its an extra £10, but comes with a TWO year Warenty. So, I think I may go with them. I brought my SLR lenses with them last year.

Offline JenSam

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 09:24:23 PM »
When you go on line just make sure it has what is called a protective zone..That is with the lock and key and you should be o.k to pay for it over the net..You should see this either at the botton or the top of you page you are looking at..Chris

You also want to make sure that the web address starts with https (s is for secure).   :D
Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 09:28:37 PM »
I always use my credit card online or over the phone rather than debit as you have more protection plus I have heard of people getting their bank accounts cleared out when someone got hold of their card details  >:D >:D (noe proof it was online)
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline chickrockguitar

• Site Member
  • My Little Marlee Boy!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 09:58:36 PM »
I always use my credit card online or over the phone rather than debit
Yes, I do the same. :D

Offline silly milly

• Donator
  • silly milly
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 10:20:05 PM »
if you can go into jessops, they usually match online prices and you should be able to get something for nothing in the deal - camera case, sd cards, or even just batteries.

we have dealt with them locally for years and always get better bargains than online!

good luck!
with lots of love from silly milly and her mum!!!!

Offline chickrockguitar

• Site Member
  • My Little Marlee Boy!
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 10:48:51 PM »
I went into Jessops today, to make sure it was the one I wanted. The cam in tehre was £229. The cheapest cam online is £162. FRom CameraBox (who I've used for lenses) its £172 with Two year warnty.

How do you mean they match the price? If I was to take print outs of the cheaper ones, they'd give it to me for the cheapest price?

Offline silly milly

• Donator
  • silly milly
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 09:14:54 AM »
should do.     the only internet site i know they wont price match is pixmania.

its worth a try!

we looked at a camcorder for daughter last week, they price matched the internet price plus offered us 2  powerful sd cards and the case for an extra £20.

let us know what happens!!!!!!
with lots of love from silly milly and her mum!!!!