Author Topic: Harriet's photo being used....  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
Harriet's photo being used....
« on: February 27, 2009, 10:48:04 PM »
A photographer was at our ringcraft class tonight (has been there before) and his business cards were on the desk.
The photo he is using on his business card is  of Harriet  :luv:
I was so proud, I told everyone who would listen (just in case they hadn't noticed!!!!!!)
Then I made the huuuuuuuge mistake of going into the room he was taking the photos of the dogs - and there, on his table, in full and glorious colour was a really big, fantastic print of Harriet!

(When we had her photo taken last time he was at ringcraft, I bought a copy of the one I liked best at the time - which was of her lying down.)  But this print is absolutely gorgeous!!!! She is sitting up and looks just fantastic.
The colour is just perfect and it is by far the best photo I have ever seen of her.
I am really chuffed that he is using it as an example of his work but there is no way I can justify buying a copy of it (having just bought photos of 4 of our 5 dogs from the PAH photographer!) and we are fast running out of wall space as we have so many pix of them all!
But, at least everyone who goes to this photographer will be admiring my gorgeous girlie  :luv:  :005:

But -
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline KatieJean

Re: Harriet's photo being used....
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 10:50:25 PM »
I'm not suprised you are proud.
Wonderful.

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 10:53:29 PM »
That's so lovely, you must be so proud.  If it's the best photograph you have seen of her, surely you must buy a copy.  She will want to know why you didn't when she is older and you are still telling the story!

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 11:11:47 PM »
I'd cheek him and say if he's using your dog to advertise his work he could at the least offer you a print of his picture, he could leave his name on it in the corner and it would be another advert for his work.  he could at least give you a big discount  ;)  it won't cost him hardly anything to do you a print  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline BettyBoo

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 11:50:06 PM »
I hope Harriet signed a model release :005: Seriously though I wouldn't be at all happy if a photographer was using a photo of my dog without my permission (or recompense).
Barbara, Betty & Millie x

Offline eljaybee1956

• Site Member
  • Dad's busy...Can I take your message?
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 01:19:56 AM »
I'd cheek him and say if he's using your dog to advertise his work he could at the least offer you a print of his picture, he could leave his name on it in the corner and it would be another advert for his work.  he could at least give you a big discount  ;)  it won't cost him hardly anything to do you a print  ;)

I second this. Although, technically, all photographs taken by a commercial photographer, remain their property, surely he could offer you a copy, in good faith.
"Cockers are LOVE on four paws, & LOVE comes in many colours" - Carol Lee DAWSON (Breeder)

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 08:08:03 AM »

I second this. Although, technically, all photographs taken by a commercial photographer, remain their property, surely he could offer you a copy, in good faith.

I agree, worth a try  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline louisedi

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 08:55:34 AM »
Have you a copy of his card, so we can see the photo of dear Harriet.

She ought too get a wage from him using her pics

Louise & harbethol gang

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 05:43:03 PM »
You should at least ask him for something, you never know. ;)

Someone with an online rat shop asked my rats to be models, they got toys and hammocks as payment! :D
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 10:46:58 PM »
He was busy taking photos when we were ready to leave, but I went in anyway!  I pointed out that Harriet had not only been his model for his business cards (in a very nice and friendly way!!!  :005:) and that I absolutely loved the print he was also using as an advertisement....
I mentioned how much I would love a copy of it, but really could not afford one at the moment (he offered it to me for £40 instead of £50 - but still a lot of money!)
I then went on to mention that it is Harriet's birthday in May, and it would make a lovely present...... He smiled and went back to his photos, so who knows.

Trev did say to me that he thought we should have been asked before Harriet's picture was used in this way - I didn't view it like that, was just pleased cos it was so good.
I did pick up a copy of his card, but we don't have a scanner so can't copy it for you.
Don't know if I am allowed to put a link to his website so people can look on there?
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline eljaybee1956

• Site Member
  • Dad's busy...Can I take your message?
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 02:34:56 AM »

Someone with an online rat shop asked my rats to be models, they got toys and hammocks as payment! :D

Pray tell....was the on-line rat shop run by Dr Dolittle????:lol2: :lol2:
"Cockers are LOVE on four paws, & LOVE comes in many colours" - Carol Lee DAWSON (Breeder)

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 08:56:53 PM »

Pray tell....was the on-line rat shop run by Dr Dolittle????:lol2: :lol2:
My rats understand English, they are very clever! :lol2:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge