Author Topic: Help from camera experts please  (Read 1409 times)

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
Help from camera experts please
« on: June 06, 2009, 07:20:49 PM »
I know we have a few on here  ;)

Daughter has been out with her camera WITHOUT the case.  She has brought the camera home and the lens is stuck, wont detract or anything and is at a funny angle.   

OH has gone MAD  >:(  It wasnt a megaly expensive camera, it was discounted to about £100 but still, I've had "doesnt understand value of money" etc "might as well have left £100 on a park bench"  I think you get the picture, wish I hadnt of said anything  ::) 

Places like Jessops will expect for me to pay the value of the camera just to look at it - from what I have described is it likely to be defunct   :huh:  I'm actually hopeful  ::)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Help from camera experts please
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 08:22:47 PM »
I've taken cameras into Jessops a couple of times for advice and they were very helpful and didn't charge anything.

A few years ago I fell while carrying the camera and landed on it! My zoom lens was jammed and the camera wouldn't work. This was before we'd switched to digital and I couldn't get the film out and didn't want to lose the photos I'd taken. They were great in Jessops and managed to save my photos, remove the zoom lens (which was broken) and had a quick look at the camera body and confirmed it was OK.

So I reckon it's worth you going into Jessops and asking them if they can have a quick look and give you some advice. The worst they can do is say no.

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 08:42:56 PM »
try replacing the batteries they could be flat  ph34r
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 09:14:36 PM »
try replacing the batteries they could be flat  ph34r

It is a lithium type battery and that isnt the problem as the camera 'powers up' plays the little tune, then the display shows a lense error.  The lense zoomy bit (very techy) is  out all the time but the outer zoom bit is half pushed in - does that make any sense.   

I think I'll take a photo of it and send a creepy crawly e mail to Kodak  ph34r  Amy is dead upset, its obvious that it was an accident  :-\

Offline seaangler

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 10:55:16 PM »
See if there is a little hole at the bottom of the camera as it mite be the reset button..(can but try)...Chris

Gemma..Cindy And peggy