Author Topic: Really Worried  (Read 3244 times)

ziggy

Really Worried
« on: September 03, 2004, 12:35:20 PM »
:( mabel has got to go to the vets as an emergency,i really am fighting back tears,she is loose again only this time there is blood in it,i am so scared,they can,t see her till in the morning first thing,he said bring her down and she will be seen to straight away,can any one give me some advice till then,i,m going out of my mind with worry,i,ve been told to starve her,and only small amounts of water,

ziggy jasper and mabel xxx :(  

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
Really Worried
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 12:41:22 PM »
Oh Ziggy, I really don't know why there's blood I'm sorry, just keep your eye on her and give her lots of cuddles and water and I'm sure if she gets worse the vet would see her today? :(

Take care

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Really Worried
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 12:55:33 PM »
Try not to panic - a little fresh blood in loose stools is generally caused by a small burst blood vessel (often happens when a dog is straining) & is not usually serious. I'm sure your vet will be able to put your mind at rest tomorrow :) If Mabel is not being sick, then you don't have to restrict her water - the advice to give small amounts of water is usually given for a vomiting dog. You could add a little glucose or honey to the water for energy.

Jane

Jane

ziggy

Really Worried
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 12:59:21 PM »
thankyou so much jane,i have some glucose will put a bit in,i really appreciate your reply,feel a bit better now :)

thanx again x

Offline cassie

• Site Member
Really Worried
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 01:28:01 PM »
I cant given any advice except i hope she gets well soon
If chocolate was not here I wouldn't be either!

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Really Worried
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 01:28:35 PM »
We had this too with Daisy as a pup and it's very scary - but it's not that uncommon in pups, and generally not as bad as it looks, so try not to worry too much  ;)  

Offline ruth_2_hot

• Site Member
    • http://janandnoel.com
Really Worried
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 01:36:29 PM »
hi ziggy im sure you are worried sick ,i think a lot of puppies get upset stomachs for a number of different reasons , honey had the same prob at about 9 wks only lasted a day or so but the vet said because she was loose the blood was from staining and her tummy was only just getting used to solid food let us know how mabel goes on xx

ruth & honey  

Offline josiek

• Site Member
Really Worried
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 01:37:15 PM »
Hi, We had the exact same problem a few weeks ago with our new pup - he was totally loose and I panicked when I saw the blood in there.  I rang the vets and the nurse was very calm (presume she's seen it all before) and said it was probably fine - that we just needed to give him bland food for a few days and he should be ok - she checked with the vet while I was on the phone too.  so we gave him boiled chicken for around 3 days and gradually his stools became less loose and the blood disappeared.  We think that because he'd had his second jab and worming powder in the same week, his little body was just finding it hard to cope.  He's been fine ever since!

The first question they asked was whether he was still eating and seemed okay in himself - and he was - and I think this was why they didn't seem concerned about him.  So if Mabel's still acting the same, I'm sure there's not much to worry about.  If she isn't, I'm sure the vet will sort it out pronto..

ziggy

Really Worried
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2004, 01:42:14 PM »
thankyou all very much,i feel much better now,it,s so scary when you see it,mabe,s is her usual self,and is charging round like a loony,so it,s probably what you have all said,

really grateful thanx

ziggy jasper and mabel xxx

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Really Worried
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2004, 01:49:21 PM »
Hi Ziggy, #

Like the others have said, try not to worry too much, I am sure she will be fine! Give her a little cuddle from me :)  

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Really Worried
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2004, 01:55:14 PM »
Hi Ziggy, try not to worry, i'm sure little Mabel will be fine. (((hugs )))
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline PennyB

Really Worried
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2004, 02:03:52 PM »
This happened to Wilf and he was fine—he'd been eating things he shouldn't and so he'd got scratched inside and so his poo came out with blood. Hope everything's OK tomorrow
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline dillydolly

• Site Member
    • http://
Really Worried
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2004, 02:25:41 PM »
hi ziggy, we have had the same as zorro and the vet put him on a sensitive stomach diet for a week with probiotics 1ml 3 times a day and now his poos are solid and i was told to gradually put his usuall food in aswell but i use them for his clicker training so i only add a little. Im sure she will be fine

big hugs to you all :D  

ziggy

Really Worried
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2004, 08:24:34 PM »
hello all, i wanted to thank you all so very much for the kind encouraging words today about mabel,i don,t know how i would have got through the day without you,before i knew about col,i would have been tearing my hair out,thanks to you i didn,t,xx

ziggy jasper and mabel xxx

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
Really Worried
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2004, 10:30:48 AM »
.........I've sent you by best wishes on the Gen. cockers forum...will be thinking of you... ;)  
'Everybody lurrves Sammy!'
03/02/04 - 27/10/14 :'(