Author Topic: Camera Advice please  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
Camera Advice please
« on: July 08, 2009, 09:51:46 PM »
Hi there
I love taking photos, and have a brilliant little digital camera (it fits into a mobile phone case - really neat!)
However, I would like a digital SLR camera.
The Canon 350d has been recommended but also a Nikon camera.
I am keeping an eye on Ebay as don't want to spend a huuuuuge amount.
Any recommendations please?
xx
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: Camera Advice please
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 10:00:03 PM »
I got a canon SLR camera off ebay and I love it. I was a little worried about buying something like that off of there but it all went fine. Mine's is a 1000d, not sure what your price range is, but as a complete novice I have found it easy to use :D

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Lilly's Mum

• Lilly and Harvey
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 11:43:34 PM »
Hubby bought a canon 350D + accessories on ebay and loves it. It cost him around the £200 The images he produces are equal to mine (and sometimes better but don't tell him that) and I have the 40D which was four times the price!! (present for my 40th)

Before I bought mine, the advice was to try holding a different cameras to get a feel for which feels like it fits best. This was great advice as I was leaning towardes a Nikon, but with diddy fingers I couldn't reach the shutter button comfortably. They also differ in weight, mine ismuch heavier than Mr Ds which I like, but he prefers the lightness of his own.

Finally there should be a warning attached cos it is totally addictive and I now have my eye on various lenses and tripods etc that will all keep me poor!!

Good luck with whichever you decide to go with!!

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 11:46:39 PM »
Finally there should be a warning attached cos it is totally addictive and I now have my eye on various lenses and tripods etc that will all keep me poor!!

I totally agree! I've just bought a new lens and now have my eye on photoshop elements 7 :005:. Back to saving up ::)

x In memory of Barney x

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 11:48:51 PM »
I bought my 350D on Ebay - a factory refurbished model.  Mines actually the USA model - the Rebel.  Paid a lot less than the UK model that was still in the shops at the time.  Would love to upgrade but it does what I want for the moment  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 11:57:24 PM »
I have an old 350D which I bought when they first were released and it still works perfectly. I don't use it much since I got the new one but I've had some really good shots out of it and if you can get one in good condition it's a good camera.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 07:42:08 PM »
Thanks for all your advice.
You don't want to sell yours do you Nicola?  ;) :005:
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 08:06:36 PM »
Thanks for all your advice.
You don't want to sell yours do you Nicola?  ;) :005:

Sorry but I like to have it as my backup! I think I could have sold it a few times over by now! If you look on ebay you should find some for sale though :D
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/