Author Topic: Any tips for a successful doglet photoshoot?  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
Any tips for a successful doglet photoshoot?
« on: August 26, 2009, 07:41:23 PM »
Tomorrow we are off to take the 3 doglets to a photographic studio, and hope to get some really good pic's.  ;)

I am planning to take some chicken to tempt them all to sit, which they usually do when bribed  ::) but i just wondered if anyone with experience has any tips/suggestions/ideas.  It is so easy with one doglet but i always have probs trying to get a good one of them all together myself, and hope that the photographer will know  :-\ but as it is a birthday present and it was booked for me, i haven't spoken to them myself, so would like to be more prepared  :huh:

Any ideas would be gratefully received.  :D

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: Any tips for a successful doglet photoshoot?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 07:46:15 PM »
take chicken, take squeaky toys - anything that will get them to pay attention without getting them hysterical. Try and make yourself the same level as the photographer and position yourself so they can get eye contact in their pics -  I personally think that eye contact is really important and makes the picture  :luv: :luv:

Make each session very short so they don't lose interest and let them have breaks.  If they're on a white studio background it can faze them a little and studio lights can too.

Relax and have fun and that will show in your pictures - look forward to seeing the results  :-*
helen & jarvis x

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 08:18:28 PM »
Good luck Wendy  ;)
I had a photo sesh with my 3, 3 weeks ago................tis not easy  >:D
(all you photographers on COL are soooooo talented - luck doesn't come into it!!)
I took treats to bribe them, which did help but I walked them a bit before, so they wouldn't be OTT (& for toilet etc ;) )
& because of this & the lighting in the studio (indoor sitting) they were panting a lot........
lots of VERY long tongues in lots of the photos  ph34r ......& because I was bribing them with food they were dribbling as well  ::)
(if I was you keep exercise to a minimum before hand ......may help regards the panting )
I've got some lovely photos that I'm choosing from (just got to decide on display options  ::) ) but I only have one of the 3 together.......
i  love them all but 'THE ONE' i wanted captured isn't there  ph34r .........maybe next time  ;)
I must say though that Tinker was an absolute star & was so good........got loads of photos of her  :luv:
Enjoy your pressie though & I hope you get what you want  ;) :-*
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 10:12:48 PM »
Thank you for the ideas.  :D  Spent all of yesterday grooming them so at least they are looking smart & clean  :luv:  I am just a bit apprehensive that the photographer will not be able to 'catch my idea of a perfect pic'.   ;)  Fingers crossed the little munchkins are perfectly behaved.  ph34r

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 10:19:06 PM »
Yes, I've got an idea....we should organise a weekend photography course, with all our experts on hand to give us tips. So, what do you reckon, Phil Trum, Nicola, Helen?

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 10:44:23 PM »
Yes, I've got an idea....we should organise a weekend photography course, with all our experts on hand to give us tips. So, what do you reckon, Phil Trum, Nicola, Helen?

If someone wants to put us up in a nice place for a weekend then I'm up for it :shades: :lol2:

Personally I'm not keen on overly posed photos so if it was me I'd be asking for something as natural as possible and I definitely agree with Helen's point on eye contact, there's nothing worse than a photo of a group of dogs with all of them staring at some random point about 3 feet to the right of the camera :005:  If you can prime the photographer and make a sudden noise - I make a funny squeaky noise with my mouth or squeaking a toy will do - you can often get some nice 'wassat?!' cocked head and expression-ful (I know that's not really a word :005:) shots but the photographer has to be ready to click as soon as the dog hears the noise. Obviously you don't want them all like that but for one or two shots they can be cute.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/