Author Topic: Studio Set Up (Lighting, Backgrounds etc)  (Read 4563 times)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Re: Studio Set Up (Lighting, Backgrounds etc)
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 04:21:01 PM »
Is the camera adjusting to ordinary light bulbs giving the orange glow.  I'm turning off most of the room lights so that the modelling lamp gives the light for focus etc.... What about the light setting on the camera too  :-\

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 06:01:11 PM »
Is the camera adjusting to ordinary light bulbs giving the orange glow.  I'm turning off most of the room lights so that the modelling lamp gives the light for focus etc.... What about the light setting on the camera too  :-\

They did get better once I turned all other lights off. I think I could've done with the background further away and a bit more room between me and the dog to get the focus where I wanted it. Also, the dogs would've been better raised up so I could use the tripod as I got a fair bit of camera shake. Few ideas for next time!

This is one of the better photos (as you can see, its not great!)

And another one (doctored a bit on the computer!)

Will def have to use a different backdrop for Penny though as she was invisible against the black!  :005:

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 10:28:37 PM »
Like the Roxy picture (and the new signature pic)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 10:34:42 AM »
Like the Roxy picture (and the new signature pic)

Thank you  :luv: The sig pic was in last years snow (sulk, sulk  :'( - I'm v.jealous of all those COL-ers that have had snow this week!!)

Offline Philtrum

• Site Member
    • www.PhilLawrencePhoto.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 12:08:06 PM »
you need to set your white balance to get rid of any orange casts etc, orange is normaly tungsten light, so you have a few options, either control the lighting and set your white balance accordingly or use a white balance card (25% grey card) and shoot in raw to then set the white balance correctly to exactly the right temperature for the lights you are using

I like the soft focus approach on the 2nd portrait and the composition is nice too

Phil