Author Topic: photo hints  (Read 1495 times)

Offline lindsay.zelly

• Site Member
photo hints
« on: February 26, 2010, 09:03:11 PM »
hi i was just hoping that some of you could give me some hints in taking still shots of my gorgeous cocker - poppy, and also a good camera to buy for action shots.

my fur baby is so gorgoeus but we only get a few really good and clear shots of her (and she moves ... a lot!!) so please any hints and tips would be gratefully received because there are so many wonderful pictures on here of your doggies and i would so like some of mine

many thanks in anticipation

L xx

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Re: photo hints
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 09:12:12 PM »
I've moved your post to the Photography section and if you look at the top of this board there's a couple of great stickys by Nicola with hints for taking good photos of dogs - not so easy for us mere mortals to put into practice though, I know.  :lol2: From your avatar it looks like Poppy is solid black Cocker, the hardest to photograph (one of mine is a dark blue roan so I sympathise) - outside in daylight would probably be best, with her facing towards the light so her eyes can be seen properly... also teaching her a good 'sit and wait' ( using treats) so you have time to take the shot.  

Offline lindsay.zelly

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 03:17:22 PM »
many thanks colin, yeah the hardest trick is keeping her still for a few seconds  :lol2: thanks again x

Offline Bounty

• Poppy, Maggie and Hamish all at rainbow bridge
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 03:23:44 PM »
I have a black cocker and the red eye is a real problem.  the best shots we go were in the snow so it just shows that light makes all the difference, outside shots of Hamish are much better than indoor ones.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

Hamish - My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet.