Author Topic: Camera Help For Teen  (Read 4632 times)

Offline mooching

Re: Camera Help For Teen
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 12:24:35 AM »
I ordered from this company and now I am panic stricken, I have just found all kinds of bad information about them :huh:  They have my money :-\  Did you get your order ok?

Did you specify Express Delivery, because if so you should know soon - as it's only supposed to take 1-2 working days. You should also be able to track your order online.

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 06:41:10 PM »
This is just one site I looked at, there is loads of stuff about them on MSE, Av Forums, everywhere, I am so cross at myself as I usually check companies out before ordering  >:D

The problem is Mooching, they haven't despatched it at all, despite it being in stock and them taking my money on the 13th, the online tracking is virtually useless, unless the item has been sent, which it hasn't :-\

Thanks anyway, I would suggest beware!!

Offline mooching

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 07:51:17 PM »
By what method did you pay?

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 08:09:01 PM »

Via debit card, don't do credit cards :blink:

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010, 08:21:12 PM »

Via debit card, don't do credit cards :blink:

I think Mooching was going to say that if you pay by credit card, the card company offer some insurance if a company fail to deliver. 

Don't get too worried yet though, Simply electronic were OK with my order, although I wouldn't like to guarentee that it will be there for Christmas.  However, with all the will in the world, even the company I work for will post out same day or next but the postage system can't guarentee they wil get it there due to volumn and weather  :-\

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 08:27:25 PM »
Yeah, I know about the CC thing, thanks.   I am trying to cancel my order with them at the moment, emailed them yesterday, haven't got a reply, their delivery said 4-7 days, well they took the order on the 13th and 5 days later they still haven't despatched it, surely if its in stock, they would just send like most other web sites.

Ach well, I have reserved a the next model down at Argos instead, I just hope I get my blinking money back fast, as I need it >:(

Offline mooching

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2010, 09:44:56 PM »
I think Mooching was going to say that if you pay by credit card, the card company offer some insurance if a company fail to deliver. 
That's right; also that PayPal do refunds as well in the event of non-delivery.

Offline mooching

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2010, 09:47:12 PM »
I am trying to cancel my order with them at the moment, emailed them yesterday,
I'd suggest you phone them first thing Monday. They might surprise you and send it out Express.

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 12:10:12 PM »

I'd suggest you phone them first thing Monday. They might surprise you and send it out Express.

Also found out they are in Hong Kong, so I would doubt very much even if they sent it out Monday it will get here now, especially as a lot of the airports are closed.  Have tried calling them, I gave up after waiting 20 mins in a q.

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2011, 02:31:57 PM »
Just to update, I never got the camera, but I did recieve my money back  :003: 

I couldn't get the ST600 in the violet anywhere, that would have been in time for Christmas, so ended up going for the Samsung PL150 which is a lower model but its still a great little camera and DD is delighted with it :D

Mooching, she loves the book, so thanks for the recommendation ;)

Offline mooching

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2011, 07:18:19 PM »
hi there, I was just thinking of you today and wondering how it all panned out. Glad she likes the book, and the other camera - much better price too, I imagine!  ;)