Author Topic: Lumiz TZ10  (Read 2060 times)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Lumiz TZ10
« on: December 06, 2010, 11:11:43 PM »
I love my DSLR 50D and lens BUT sometimes it's nice to have a camera in your bag for that snapshot.  Unfortunately my Olympus was damaged last year and it's unpredictable as to whether or not it will work now.

I'm looking at the Panasonic Lumix TZ10 Digital Camera - Black (12.1MP, 12x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD to replace the Olympus.  Has anyone got one? What are they like for taking pictures of high speed dogs on the go and inside without the flash in low light?

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
Re: Lumiz TZ10
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 11:22:09 PM »
I haven't got that one but have the Lumix DMC-FZ18 - its a lot better than my old point and shoot in the fact that I can take action shots etc.   My camera does do a lot more than I use it for, it stays permanently on the ia function regardless of what I'm doing  :005:

As you may have gathered I have no photography skills but can't really fault Panasonic and wouldn't being one of my clients. 

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 08:51:05 AM »
We bought one a few weeks ago, although I've not used it yet, but OH is pleased with it.

If you wanted to meet up for a walk sometime you could always have a play with it  ;)
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 08:54:11 AM »
We bought one a few weeks ago, although I've not used it yet, but OH is pleased with it.

If you wanted to meet up for a walk sometime you could always have a play with it  ;)

Thank you Max - I'm hoping OH will buy one for Christmas but having just spent a lot on the new BIG camera, wonder whether to go for a cheaper compact.  Problem is, they are unlikely to quite match the capabilities of a DSLR no matter which one I get.

Offline JohnMcL7

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 02:02:34 AM »
I'd be more inclined to have a look at the Panasonic LX5 or the Canon S95 as these are more 'serious' compacts which amongst other improvements have brighter lenses and slightly bigger sensors.  The long lens on the Panasonic TZ10 means some concessions including a tiny sensor and a slower lens (Just F3.3 vs F2 on the Panasonic/Canon) making it poor for indoor shots and high speed sports shots.  The LX5/S95 will also struggle a bit here but they still have an advantage over the TZ10. 

I have a couple of compact superzooms but bar the one that does super slow motion (see http://www.vimeo.com/17584604 and http://www.vimeo.com/13097328) but in general I rarely use either as I prefer the LX3, it's not great for low light performance or high speed shots but it's substantially better than either of the compact superzooms.

John

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 12:32:31 PM »
Thanks John - too late though as the TZ10 arrived yesterday.

For serious shots I have the Canon 50D so wanted a light weight all-rounder.  Hopefully it'll do what it says on the box.  Will post when Santa gives it too me at the end of the week  ;)

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 03:20:20 PM »
After having the TZ5 for many years decided to upgrade to the TZ10 just last week, it's a good camera but found the flash isn't as good on it as the older model, but still a good all rounder camera, nice and compact, good size screen etc.

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 03:32:41 PM »
I have that camera, and found it fine, although I am only an amateur snapper, hope you like it!