Author Topic: KC names  (Read 26599 times)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Re: KC names
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 09:41:14 PM »
We chose Charlie's name and some of the other names put forward were used for other pups in the litter  :D  So Charlie is Swanmarch First Overture for Olivesong (should of thought it through more as it takes ages to write it in on show entry forms  :005:)  All linked into Megs other time consuming choir duties.  ::)

Heidi was already Oramiss Goldilocks but we used Goldilocks to come up with Heidi - Blond girl in stories  ;)

The other two have no links to their names and were already registered as Wingate Bucks Fizz and Smokey Joes Wonder

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 09:53:23 PM »
Jasper is Roan Ranger which for a blue roan is not very imaginative.
Toby however is Caryna Chilly Lad which I have always loved - though he the furthest from a chilled out lad you could ever get. Well not in his younger days anyway
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2009, 09:55:49 PM »
Not funny or bizarre but Stevie's KC name is Shenmore Sally Cinnamon, after the Stone Roses song. As a massive Roses fan back in the day I like to think she was always destined to be mine. I don't believe in destiny really but one other funny thing that happened is just after being told by the breeder ( a lovely lady, I'd like to add  :shades:  :lol2:) that I was in with a chance of one of the pups, I was sitting in my car at some traffic lights thinking about it all and a London bus passed in front of me with a big advert for Mango on it's side, which was Stevie's name at that time.  :lol2:  

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2009, 09:59:56 PM »
Penny is also Penny Black I named her after the stamp as she is precious and also she has two gold pennies above her eyes Imentioned it to my friend who bred Penny and she liked it so she registered her Her prefix is Jenatspan.The children calll her Jenny Penny.
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2009, 10:16:08 PM »
Ellie is an orange roan and her KC name is Blackoaks Barley Sugar, which is perfect for her as part of her is barley sugar coloured and she is such a sweet little girl.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 10:24:18 PM »
My first Cocker (Josh) was Bidston Be My Valentine. Bidston was the breeder's affix, but I chose the rest because he was born on the night of Feb. 13th/14th. I still love the name.

When we bought his half brother, Sam, nearly two years later, we wanted him to be Bidston Double Trouble, but the breeder didn't like it and, as he was black and born on Nov. 5th, she named him Bidston Black Guy, which I hated and thought sounded a bit racist  ph34r

William is Arianaharbor Sweet William. Arianaharbor is the breeder's affix and is a place in Florida. She wanted him to be Sunny Surprise, which I thought sounded like a dessert  :005:, so I asked for him to be Sweet William after the flower. It really suits him.

Louis was already named when I got him and is Tyaltonwood Sweet Wonder, which goes quite well with Sweet William.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 10:43:26 PM »
I don't believe in destiny really but one other funny thing that happened is just after being told by the breeder ( a lovely lady, I'd like to add  :shades:  :lol2:) that I was in with a chance of one of the pups, I was sitting in my car at some traffic lights thinking about it all and a London bus passed in front of me with a big advert for Mango on it's side, which was Stevie's name at that time.  :lol2:  

Flattery will get you everywhere :D My OH was responsible for Sally Cinnamon as he was determined to get a Roses song title into one of our litters (I'd vetoed all his other attempts :005:) I'm sure he'll try to sneak another one in one of these days if I'm not careful (Shenmore She Bangs The Drums has a certain ring to it, I suppose :lol2:).

Don't think we've had any really funny names that I can think of - we usually stick to themes like stars, flowers or song titles (all beginning with S) for our own pups (although it's becoming more difficult to come up with new ones now...)

Jane

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2009, 10:51:32 PM »
   Purdey's is Arianaharbor Morgan's delight (affix is the same as elaine's William & the rest was chosen by breeders daughter 'Morgan' )
   Livies is   Tailsyouwin That's my girl ......cos she is  :luv:
& Tinkers is   Tailsyouwin A Knights dream .... cos her daddy is Silver Knight  :luv:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline carrie84uk

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2009, 10:57:40 PM »
Daisy is Arrawarra Velvet. Shes part of the breeders second litter. Her first litter was 11 pups and she panicked at the thought of picking 22 different names. They had been on holiday to Austrailia so they decided that the first names would be Austrailian towns. The theme ran on into the second litter. Arrawarra is an Austrailian town and she chose Velvet because of her silky coat  :luv:
Mummy to 4 kids, 5 guineas, 1 rabbit 18 tropical fish & 1 Cocker :)

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2009, 10:58:16 PM »
Charlie is Brandon House Blue Apache. Not sure of the history behind it, but I kinda like it and would have called him an Indian related name if I'd had him from a pup.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2009, 11:01:12 PM »
plain and simple here...Cotswold Jarvis  :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline LinzHenz

• Puffy Fluppy Dog
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 11:33:36 PM »
Henry's is Kenocto Tourmaline Prince, he came with the name already. I looked up what 'meaning of black tourmaline is in terms of gem stones healing powers and black tourmaline is for warding off negative energies  :luv: i feel that about him, so I'm happy with the name even though I didnt get to choose it
Linz & Henry Dog

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2009, 12:10:36 AM »
I forgot to put mine in my first post, Rodaidh's KC name is Mordor Orange of Rinagree (Mordor is his breeder's affix, Rinagree is my affix). I've never asked his breeder so I don't know if it was because of his colouring or if there was a fruit theme going on and his littermates are called Mordors Lemon, Grapefruit and Pineapple :005:  The fruit thing may be likely though as the breeder also had a Labrador called Mordor Mango :lol2:  Whoever bred Tilly (I don't know as she's a rescue) didn't have an affix but she is registered and her KC name is Miss Lucky Charm. Caoimhe is Lovelight Garnet Glow and will be ... of Rinagree as soon as I get round to sending off the paperwork, her litter was named on a gemstone theme and garnet goes well with her colouring :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2009, 12:19:14 AM »
Flattery will get you everywhere :D My OH was responsible for Sally Cinnamon as he was determined to get a Roses song title into one of our litters (I'd vetoed all his other attempts :005:) I'm sure he'll try to sneak another one in one of these days if I'm not careful (Shenmore She Bangs The Drums has a certain ring to it, I suppose :lol2:).

That's good.  :lol2: If Andrew ever manages to sneak the name Shenmore Mersey Paradise past the approval stage then I'd like to bagsy the pup now.  :lol2: Stevie's name suits her fine but 'I Wanna Be Adored' would probably have been even more apt.  :lol2: 

Offline Emmylou

• Site Member
  • Cosby and Boo!
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2009, 12:21:53 AM »
Boo is Mossdew Fleetwood Mac.  The breeders affix was mossdew and she named the puppy that she kept for herself Mossdew deep purple.  

As soon as the words 'I'm thinking of naming them after rock groups' came out of the breeders mouth, my partner jumped in like an excited child and asked if we could name our pup Fleetwood Mac (huge Mac fan).  So Mossdew Fleetwood mac he became - thank god it wasn't Mossdew Crosby Stills Nash and Young!!