Author Topic: Guidance on putting weight on fussy cocker  (Read 445 times)

Offline patch

Guidance on putting weight on fussy cocker
« on: January 04, 2011, 04:08:15 PM »
Milo is 20 months old and had been showing really well abroad.Since our return to UK 4 months ago he has become even fussier about his kibble.I have put him back on Eukanuba as loads of others give him the runs.On Eukanuba also as a puppy he would easily put weight on but because he is picking (and had gastroenteritis just before xmas) he has lost quite a bit of weight and also muscle on his front.I have also tried Tripe from pets at home but he seems to go off things and need to encourage him to eat the Eukanuba kibble now.He is on Eukanuba sensitive digestion as he does tend to have a VERY sensitive stomach and gut.(have tried james welbeloved, Hills,ARDEN Grange, Royal Canin to name a few all give him loose poo's) He would eat our roast beef and chicken through the kibble no problem, even spitting the kibble on the floor ! Any help and advice on wht to feed and what would help him gain weight again would be greatly appreciated.At the moment he is not chunky enough to show although his coat is lovely and shiney !!

Offline mooching

Re: Guidance on putting weight on fussy cocker
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 04:33:26 PM »
He is on Eukanuba sensitive digestion as he does tend to have a VERY sensitive stomach and gut.(have tried james welbeloved, Hills,ARDEN Grange, Royal Canin to name a few all give him loose poo's)

When you tried him on those brands, did you try their specific "Sensitive" varieties? (eg Arden Grange white fish and potato).

Barking Heads do a salmon and potato variety for fussy eaters - might be worth emailiing them and asking for a sample.

Offline patch

Re: Guidance on putting weight on fussy cocker
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 05:14:08 PM »
Thanks for that will email them.I didn't try Milo on
any of the sensitive brands.Will give anything a go to get the weight back on him.Will let you know how I get on. :D