Cocker Specific Discussion > Genetics & Breeding

DNA test

<< < (3/4) > >>

its.sme:
I have noticed more and more the different sizes and leg lengths in Cockers,  I used to be confident in spotting a Cocker V's a Springer but sometimes I question myself, now if I'm unsure I call them a Spaniel as I do not want to offend anyone and I am no expert   :005:
To make things worse,  Bea is a very little Cocker at 10.8kg so most tower over her anyway  :005:
All spaniel are beautiful no mater their size :luv:

vixen:
Another funny thing that was said about my two when they were younger -  I have 2 litter sisters, one solid black, the other blue roan.  Someone looked at Marley (black) and said very seriously that she looked as though she had a bit of spaniel in her  :005: They looked at Stevie (blue roan) and didn’t even comment   :005:  presumably she didn’t have anything in her  :005:

Leo0106:
Vixen  :lol2: :lol2: you do have to laugh don't you!
People are always so shocked when I tell them what Leo is. I believe all that gives Leo's breed away to some people is his behaviour

Leo0106:

--- Quote from: its.sme on March 13, 2019, 07:13:43 PM ---I have noticed more and more the different sizes and leg lengths in Cockers,  I used to be confident in spotting a Cocker V's a Springer but sometimes I question myself, now if I'm unsure I call them a Spaniel as I do not want to offend anyone and I am no expert   :005:
To make things worse,  Bea is a very little Cocker at 10.8kg so most tower over her anyway  :005:
All spaniel are beautiful no mater their size :luv:

--- End quote ---

The cockers I have met have always been around 10 kilos. So when leo hit 8months old and was 12 kilos I decided I would just wing it and see what he got to!  :lol2: I was taunted by my vet as she said I was feeding him too much :( but he's always had a lean shape to him.. it's just because he's a big boy!!

Jaysmumagain:
Now Ollie had a vet who took one look at him and said he was the smallest cocker male he had seen.  :P
Another vet said he felt he needed his teeth cleaning and possible extractions, this was when he was on antibiotics to heal an abscess on his rear end, after a check up 2 weeks later I mentioned it to the lady vet, she looked at his teeth sold me a toothpaste

Me thinks some vets are obsessed with size,  teeth and castration

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version