Cocker Specific Discussion > General Cocker Spaniel Discussion

Enforced seperation

<< < (2/12) > >>

Emilyoliver:
Hi Ian - hope you’re on your way to being healthy?!

I’d say don’t worry about your relationship with Eze being affected. You’ll still have that bond you always did. She’ll just be over the moon to see you again when you get home 😊. I brought my 2 show cockers over from South Africa (a long time ago now!) and they stayed with a friend in Berlin for 8 months as an alternative to quarantine. I had hoped to visit them a few times before they came over to the uk, but wasn’t able to. I worried hugely about the impact on them and our relationship after such a long separation. As it turned out, particularly with one of them - the bond was actually stronger after the separation.

You may find eze may be a bit more clingy/ Velcro-dog for a few days after you get home.

ips:

--- Quote from: Pearly on June 30, 2021, 09:33:52 AM ---Good grief Ian - hope you are on the mend and back home soon - if there’s anything we can do, please just say.  We have no problem driving up to do some mowing, or other jobs,  if it gives Lynn a break and puts your mind at rest.

Eze will be very pleased to see her best mate and more importantly will be the best behaved, most attentive, hard working, fast retrieving dog you’ve ever seen!  For around 3 days then it’ll be back to normal  ;)

Get well soon - wishing you a full and speedy recovery xx

--- End quote ---

That's most kind of you Jayne, I think all is in hand at home but thank you.

Yes I am on the mend, just a few more things to go through and should be home 🙏

ips:

--- Quote from: Emilyoliver on June 30, 2021, 10:00:16 AM ---Hi Ian - hope you’re on your way to being healthy?!

I’d say don’t worry about your relationship with Eze being affected. You’ll still have that bond you always did. She’ll just be over the moon to see you again when you get home 😊. I brought my 2 show cockers over from South Africa (a long time ago now!) and they stayed with a friend in Berlin for 8 months as an alternative to quarantine. I had hoped to visit them a few times before they came over to the uk, but wasn’t able to. I worried hugely about the impact on them and our relationship after such a long separation. As it turned out, particularly with one of them - the bond was actually stronger after the separation.

You may find eze may be a bit more clingy/ Velcro-dog for a few days after you get home.

--- End quote ---

Thank you, 🙏

Pearly:

--- Quote from: ips on June 30, 2021, 11:37:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: Pearly on June 30, 2021, 09:33:52 AM ---Good grief Ian - hope you are on the mend and back home soon - if there’s anything we can do, please just say.  We have no problem driving up to do some mowing, or other jobs,  if it gives Lynn a break and puts your mind at rest.

Eze will be very pleased to see her best mate and more importantly will be the best behaved, most attentive, hard working, fast retrieving dog you’ve ever seen!  For around 3 days then it’ll be back to normal  ;)

Get well soon - wishing you a full and speedy recovery xx

--- End quote ---

That's most kind of you Jayne, I think all is in hand at home but thank you.

Yes I am on the mend, just a few more things to go through and should be home 🙏

--- End quote ---

Pleased to read you are getting there.  Its a serious offer, I can work anywhere and we can bring tools and our own accommodation if its an overnight/2 day needed xx

JohnMcL:
I’m relatively new to CockerWorld but I think the separation will make your bond even tighter. Fingers crossed to you getting home before the weekend.
John.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version