Author Topic: Emergency Planning  (Read 1970 times)

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
Emergency Planning
« on: July 01, 2021, 01:57:20 PM »
Hi,
I had been thinking about what I’d do with Nutty in an emergency. If it was my choice I wouldn’t want her put her in kennels. Ideally I’d prefer her in a cocker home, sleeping indoors, a few cuddles and with another dog to show her how the home runs. She is not used to being on her own, we are practising ‘alone time’ and are up to 15 minutes so far.
I don’t know if there is an operating service like this or whether anybody on here is in a similar situation? Perhaps somebody might be interested in having emergency help for their pup(s) too as I can offer the same?
If anybody is aware of something like this existing please let me know.

Years ago I used an online service to look after pets, ‘Carer’s’ moved into my home and basic checks were done on them beforehand. At the time I had cats and chickens, I had three different experiences, the last being the worst, the pets were ok in all 3 situations but I wouldn’t do it again. I don’t think this kind of arrangement would work in an emergency either.

Thanks.

John.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Emergency Planning
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 03:16:06 PM »
John might it be an idea of speaking to vets asking if they have and knowledge of persons in the area - reason I mention this - vets receptionist once told be she never used kennels as a client had recommended a sitter and she always used her, said it was like home from home and she could also book her in advance if she was going overseas to look after her friend.

Maybe to old covid has brought about a change or two but worth a try.

Not sure what area you are in for others to maybe recommend....Ollie of course has his Nana :banana:
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 03:40:14 PM »
Thanks JaysMum, great idea about vet. Can’t believe i didn’t put a location  :005: We’re in Buckinghamshire and travelling anywhere isn’t a problem.
John.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 06:50:45 PM »
Thanks JaysMum, great idea about vet. Can’t believe i didn’t put a location  :005: We’re in Buckinghamshire and travelling anywhere isn’t a problem.
John.

Travelling may not be a problem but in an emergency you wouldn’t want to travel too far - otherwise I would offer to have her ( but I am in Scotland)

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 02:08:06 AM »
Cazza, thank you so much. I don’t know what to say, that is so kind.
My life is a bit all over the place / at crossroads at present but having spent 8 years in the Highlands I’m looking at property up there. The distance may not be a problem soon!
Of course, goes without saying, Ash is always welcome with us.

John.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 06:58:54 AM »
Cazza, thank you so much. I don’t know what to say, that is so kind.
My life is a bit all over the place / at crossroads at present but having spent 8 years in the Highlands I’m looking at property up there. The distance may not be a problem soon!
Of course, goes without saying, Ash is always welcome with us.

John.

Awww thanks John, you will have to keep me updated re the possible move north  :D. We could get the two golden nutters together  :luv

I am actually in the same boat now re Ash as I used to have someone come and stay here ( a friend I met through dogs that moved to the village) but she is now in her 70’s - I still go out walking with her twice a week and her dog is good friends with Ash, but she has hung up her dog sitting days.

My other dog sitters have moved ( my two children, well young people I should say, but they will still be children to me  :005: )