Cocker Specific Discussion > Feeding

Food doing my head in

<< < (3/3)

JohnMcL:
Thanks Cazza,
I’ve only just seen your reply, sorry I forgot I’d asked.

Peanut isn’t keen on the kibble I’ve tried but will eat it. I’ve ordered a very small pack of Orijen, the fish one as it was the smallest I can find to trial it.

Is she still liking the Orijen?

John.

cazza:
Hi John yep Ash is still on it and loves it even as training treats

So I only use cheese or sausage occasionally now for the odd recall, as she loves the food so much

ejp:

--- Quote from: cazza on August 06, 2021, 03:54:29 PM ---Thanks both

We have just bought orijen puppy, so will slowly change onto that and see how we go

Fingers crossed- expensive but as near to raw that I can find

The shop I went to informed that there is a new owner of Autarky so they may have changed the recipe etc

--- End quote ---

Came across a brand called McAdams last year and it looked good.  Bought a wee bag to use in the motor home as an alternative to raw. Daisy was picky and prone to a dodgy tummy but this went down a treat.  Not cheap though!  https://mcadamspetfoods.com/en/

JohnMcL:
I’m amazed at this food, I bought a really small bag of about 500g for £5.95. It’s Orijen Six Fish.
Peanut is still a fussy eater with kibble, I throw most of it out.
I opened the bag and used it as treats, got a full meal down her from my hand and our poorly girl got up to join in the action! Both dogs sitting next to me taking turns to eat kibble, this hasn’t happened with any other bag of kibble!

Thanks Cazza, I can’t find a 6kg bag for under £55.00 so it’s expensive but she’ll eat it!

EJP - thanks for the info and link, I’ll be looking into it.

John.

cazza:
Hi John that’s great that she will eat it

I buy 11.5kg original bag at around £73 and it lasts Ash just over 6 weeks and that includes me using it for training so just over £10 per week

The 6 fish one is more expensive https://www.orijenpetfoods.co.uk/product-category/dog-food/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version