Cocker Specific Discussion > Feeding

Food doing my head in

<< < (2/3) > >>

bizzylizzy:

--- Quote from: Mudmagnets on August 06, 2021, 03:55:41 PM ---Forthglade use peas, so if there are more than I think necessary in a tray, I lob them out b4 giving the boys their food, didn't know about the heart thing, it was more that they were at one time large and resembled bullets rather than vegetables.

--- End quote ---

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/05/us-fda-study-dog-food-canine-heart-disease?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Mudmagnets:

--- Quote from: bizzylizzy on August 06, 2021, 04:18:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mudmagnets on August 06, 2021, 03:55:41 PM ---Forthglade use peas, so if there are more than I think necessary in a tray, I lob them out b4 giving the boys their food, didn't know about the heart thing, it was more that they were at one time large and resembled bullets rather than vegetables.

--- End quote ---

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/05/us-fda-study-dog-food-canine-heart-disease?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the link - will read it sometime

Archie bean:
Interesting re the peas. They were one of the major flags that came up when Archie was allergy tested. Soya was the next one. Cutting peas and pea protein out of all his food and treats made a huge difference to his colitis issues. It’s tricky though - they are everywhere!! 

JohnMcL:
Hi Cazza,
Does Ash like the Orijen? I’m looking at changing too and am a little baffled with the huge choice.

Thanks.
John

cazza:

--- Quote from: JohnMcL on August 14, 2021, 10:58:56 AM ---Hi Cazza,
Does Ash like the Orijen? I’m looking at changing too and am a little baffled with the huge choice.

Thanks.
John

--- End quote ---

Morning John

In answer to your question re if Ash likes Orijen- erm she tries to get in the container when I open it  :005: 

I had both food in bags in the same container and she went straight for the orijen

It is expensive at £40 ish for 6kg bag but IMO worth it and as close to raw feeding I can find

It is suiting Ash a lot better  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version