Cocker Specific Discussion > Feeding

Grapes and other poisons

<< < (3/3)

Mudmagnets:
Warning! Something to look out for - maybe

Following on from previous posts:

I saw on a friend's fb page a US post which warns that Xlyitol is being re-branded Birch Sugar and used in some products. Not sure if this only applies to US though!

The FB post originated from North Elm Animal Hospital pllc

bizzylizzy:

--- Quote from: Mudmagnets on September 07, 2021, 11:25:45 AM ---Warning! Something to look out for - maybe

I saw on a friend's fb page a US post which warns that Xlyitol is being re-branded Birch Sugar and used in some products. Not sure if this only applies to US though!

--- End quote ---

Its used particularly often in Christmas stollen, Lebkuchen und such like here, so is likely to be in any of the German Christmas goodies on sale at Aldi, Lidl and at the  German markets and will probably also  be labled Birch Sugar, so please take care, - they issue regular warnings here in the run up to Xmas as several dogs have died as a result.    :016:

Mudmagnets:

--- Quote from: bizzylizzy on September 07, 2021, 01:32:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mudmagnets on September 07, 2021, 11:25:45 AM ---Warning! Something to look out for - maybe

--- End quote ---

Its used particularly often in Christmas stollen, Lebkuchen und such like here, so is likely to be in any of the German Christmas goodies on sale at Aldi, Lidl and at the  German markets and will probably also  be labled Birch Sugar, so please take care, - they issue regular warnings here in the run up to Xmas as several dogs have died as a result.    :016:

--- End quote ---

Have to keep one step ahead of these blighters don't we  >:D

JohnMcL:
Brilliant thread, thanks for all the info.
What scares me is what other people give dogs innocently. A neighbour’s young daughter was putting chocolate through my fence for Peanut, fortunately I saw her in time.
Good thinking about German supplies, I buy pate from Lidl for the lucky mat, I’ll double check the ingredients.
John.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version