Cocker Specific Discussion > Feeding

help with raw feeding puppy

<< < (2/2)

phoenix:
I used raw for a while,  my only reservation with ready made ones was the size of the bits of ground bone.  It came through him in sharp pieces, or he coughed them up. So I tried making recipes using edible bone powder or ground eggshells and  freezing them. My enthusiasm waned, like freezer space. 

dave w:
i ended up buying some raw puppy food from nutriment as a shop local to me stocks it, changed him over to it in one go and he loves it ,so far so good.

Toofast:
The last puppy that we bought was on a kibble of some description. Her coat was dull, her eyes were dull and she had a horrible looking large tummy.  Otherwise she was fine.

We changed her over to a raw diet within 24 hours, the transformation was visible within days and there were no tummy problems. ;)

All our puppies start weaning onto raw, first tastes are at 2.5 weeks and they are chewing/offered raw bones at 5 weeks.

Honey's offer good free advice and also have a nice little book to help everyone understand the product and how to feed it.

"Honey's Natural Feeding Handbook for Dogs". Have a look on ebay or Amazon for these books, they can be very cheap to buy here.

Raw is an excellent choice for our canine companions.  I hope you have positive results. Good luck.

dave w:
yes i noticed the bloated look as well which was gone after a day or so once we switched him to raw.

Toofast:
That sounds like a good start. I hope all goes well for you.
It is easier than some make out.
Remember that variety is the best way for keeping a raw diet healthy .

Enjoy. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version