Cocker Specific Discussion > Feeding

Ollie low residue food query - firm up output

<< < (2/2)

Jaysmumagain:
Yep have heard of it it is Fybogel that us humans have now and again - UK tends to say ispaghula husk and the US says pysyllium.  First came across it on the Aktins diet :005: me thinks it might open the flood gates so to speak ;)

Have looked at bone meal on line and just not sure, am trying the unsweetened pumpkin with some brown rice added to his food...I think I maybe have been given a too high protein diet!  So introducing these first.

Naturreines Knochenmeile by Grau is the main bone meal that comes up when you google over here - so me thinks Humph may be trying that.

cazza:
So sorry to hear, I know only too well about soft being so difficult to pick up

I put Ash on orijen food - did wonders for her, it’s grain free and they don’t just do chicken versions - expensive at around £78 for a big bag

Hope you find something that works for you x x

bizzylizzy:
Hi again Julie! Another tip I had this week is Luvos Heilerde, I‘ve been given Humphrey a tiny bit sprinkled garden over his dinner (along with husks, the biotic powder and the smashed pumpkin!  :lol2: ) and we finally got a normal poo this morning without any slime!, (It was unfortunately in his crate, he still gas a bit of difficulty controlling everything but hey ho, - can‘t have everything!!  :005:)
https://www.pharmasana.co.uk/luvos-heilerde-ultrafein-750-g-05039403

Jaysmumagain:
Jayne many thanks for this and glad to know Humph is back to a normal poo :005:

I have just read up and would you believe it - started Ollie on a new pro/prebiotic on Thursday and it has Montmorillonite in it which is a form of clay....and it is starting to work after just two doses.  So I guess we are both on the same track with the clay

What I bought was called Tummytonic  https://www.aviform.co.uk/tummytonic-digestive-supplement-for-dogs/  so it seems to have most of the essentials in it.

Take care and a big gentle hug to Humph from me and Ollie.

bizzylizzy:
Just realized the link I sent you doesn‘t have an English description !  ph34r  But it is, as you say  a form of clay which is is a very very old natural therapy used both internally and externally for wounds and injuries etc.
Oh isn‘t it a relief when the poos are proper? !!  :005: :005:
Humph‘ and me send  :bigarmhug: back to you and Ollie!  :luv:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version