Cocker Specific Discussion > Feeding

BARF sort of again

(1/8) > >>

Tommo:
Sorry to raise this yet again.......but here goes. We currently feed our two on natures menu puppy pouches and JWB puppy kibble for a bit of crunch. I like the idea of a  barf menu, but my o/h won't do the chicken wings, lamb necks etc. Are the natures menu frozen blocks ok, with the odd raw bone thrown in once or twice a week for their teath, or can I still give them the JWB aswell as the natures menu ( not at the same time)
Sorry to ask on this again but I have had info. overload from the net. and would appreciate some honest first hand knowledge and experiance.

Rhona W:
Sorry I don't BARF - but I do give my pups the occassional chicken wing which they love. Just wondered why your OH wouldn't do it? Unless you are vegetarians yourself of course! ;)

Penel:

--- Quote from: Tommo on July 23, 2006, 11:52:16 AM ---Sorry to raise this yet again.......but here goes. We currently feed our two on natures menu puppy pouches and JWB puppy kibble for a bit of crunch. I like the idea of a  barf menu, but my o/h won't do the chicken wings, lamb necks etc. Are the natures menu frozen blocks ok, with the odd raw bone thrown in once or twice a week for their teath, or can I still give them the JWB aswell as the natures menu ( not at the same time)
Sorry to ask on this again but I have had info. overload from the net. and would appreciate some honest first hand knowledge and experiance.

--- End quote ---

Hello - yes it would be fine to give them the natures menu frozen blocks as they do have bone content in them.... the raw bones would be great too.... personally I wouldn't advise mixing JWB and raw, but if you do as you've said just make sure they are separate meals.

Cayley:

--- Quote from: Rhona W on July 23, 2006, 12:00:15 PM ---Sorry I don't BARF - but I do give my pups the occassional chicken wing which they love. Just wondered why your OH wouldn't do it? Unless you are vegetarians yourself of course! ;)

--- End quote ---

My mum won't allow chicken wings either with the worry of salmonella.

Tommo:
No we're not veggies, I think it's the raw chicken thing that she doesn't like. I am happy with both n/m and JWB, Baggins and Phoebe are thriving on their diet. Jwb for breakfast and n/m for evening meal. They are on 2 meals a day, they won't touch a mid day meal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version