Cocker Specific Discussion > Feeding

Books on BARF

(1/3) > >>

happydog:
Can anyone recommend a good book or two on BARF feeding and supplements needed please? The ones you have found the most helpful. Thanks.

DennyK:
Kymythy Schultze (yes, dumb name) - can't remember full name something about Natural Nutrition, and Tom Lonsdale "Works Wonders" - also Dr Ian Billinghurst "BARF something" (maybe "The BARF Diet"?).  Lonsdale & Billinghurst are both vets.

happydog:
Thanks DennyK  :D . I shall try Amazon and see if any of them are available.

Claire:

--- Quote from: DennyK on August 22, 2006, 04:04:17 PM ---Kymythy Schultze (yes, dumb name) - can't remember full name something about Natural Nutrition, and Tom Lonsdale "Works Wonders" - also Dr Ian Billinghurst "BARF something" (maybe "The BARF Diet"?).  Lonsdale & Billinghurst are both vets.

--- End quote ---

I was going to recommend the exact same two!  The book by Kymythy that I have is called The Ultimate Diet - I think it's the same one.  They're good because they're not huge books that'll take you forever to get through and they provide a balanced view of overall raw feeding together - ie. Schultze recommends supplements and extras and looks at it from more of an overall health perspective; Lonsdale really champions bones to prevent against gum disease.  Together they give a really good balanced view.

happydog:

--- Quote from: Claire on August 23, 2006, 10:23:31 AM ---They're good because they're not huge books that'll take you forever to get through and they provide a balanced view of overall raw feeding together

Together they give a really good balanced view.

--- End quote ---
Brilliant. They sound just what I'm looking for  ;) .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version