Cocker Specific Discussion > Feeding

Buddy's BARF progress

(1/3) > >>

Annette:
Thought I'd share it with you anyway!.......

I guess it will take time for me to get the hang of it, and we may even find that he can't tolerate one kind of meat and have to spend time discovering which one and eliminating it, but.....

To be honest I am not at all sure that Buddy is doing very well on Barf. I will continue with the month trial, but he smells again (it hadn't completely gone before, but wasn't soooo bad!) and now his eyes are really mucky. We have just started a course of antibiotic drops >:(

I guess that's enough to make him (the wuss) feel a bit out of sorts, but I am also disappointed with his poos which are NOT more pick-up-able than on Burns. They are sometimes, but not always.

Have to say that I was despairing last week. I was going all-out to ensure a good diet for him, and he snaffled:

2 cow pats
1 cheese sandwich
the remains of a big Mac
something grey, mushy and probably dead for some time
cat poo
rabbit poo
and heaps of other really gross stuff. Much more than usual.   Do you think he's trying to make up for some kind of deficiency? ;)

Can I just ask one more sardine question here?

ph34r
Please?
 ph34r

Is it ok to give raw, fresh sardines? If so, does he have them with the bones or without?

Cob-Web:

--- Quote from: Annette on September 18, 2006, 09:36:04 PM ---
Is it ok to give raw, fresh sardines? If so, does he have them with the bones or without?

--- End quote ---

Yes, with bones  ;)

Stick with it if you can - he might need to detox for a bit longer, especially if he is scavenging yucky stuff in-between meals  ::)

Joules:
Sounds like he is still detoxing if that program Celebrity Detox was anything to go by!!  :005:

As for deficiencies, judging by what he snaffled, looks like a poo deficiency!!  ::)

Penel:
I agree - stick with it.  I would think the not so great poos are down to the scavenging - which is probably not anything to do with a deficiency, more likely cos he is a cocker spaniel  :lol:
Agreed - sardines - raw - with bones - but prepare for him to regurgitate them so feed in the garden and leave him out there for a while just in case....

happydog:

--- Quote from: Penel on September 19, 2006, 12:38:31 PM ---I agree - stick with it.  I would think the not so great poos are down to the scavenging - which is probably not anything to do with a deficiency, more likely cos he is a cocker spaniel  :lol:
Agreed - sardines - raw - with bones - but prepare for him to regurgitate them so feed in the garden and leave him out there for a while just in case....

--- End quote ---
Eeeeeewwwww it sounds as if this barf thing is hard work!!!!!   :005:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version