Cocker Specific Discussion > Feeding

Puppies and BARF

(1/4) > >>

clairep4:
Has anyone raised a pup on BARF? I know you have to be quite careful about quantities esp of bone due to their calcium intake etc but if anyone has any experience of this I'd be really grateful.

Nicola:
Alfie was weaned on BARF but his breeder puts them onto Burns before they go to their new homes to make it easier for the new owners. I think he starts them on lamb mince and chicken.

... that's not terribly helpful really is it?!  ph34r  But he's still here so they must have done something right!  :005:

Abby:
I'm pretty sure Bluegirl (karen) has her dog Penny on Barf and weaned her recent litter (squeaky bunch  :luv:) onto raw food as well. Can't find the thread at hte moment but might be worth PMing her.

maximus:
i was going to ask something very similar to this, we pick our puppy up on saturday and i plan to get him on to BARF as soon as possible, just not sure of what he can have (at 7 weeks) and the amounts.  :D

silkstocking:
My two were weaned on BARF.

The bones didn't come until they were a little bigger (about 4 months) so the bone content of their diet until then was ground up in their meat feeds.

That was on the advice of the breeder. From four months they started on chicken wings and never looked back!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version