Cocker Specific Discussion > General Cocker Spaniel Discussion

What food is best? (m)

(1/3) > >>

shonajoy:
We are waiting for our puppy to come home, and have been researching what type of food is best. I intend to keep his diet the same as the breeders when he is young, and change over very gradually, as advised.

A few of my friends have recommended Burns organic food, obviously the puppy version, which sounds good to me, but I'd like to know what you all recommend?

Shona  ;D                    

Mary:
I think you'll find that there is quite a variation in the foods that are fed by alot of the members of COL.  There was a survey done on here along while back....I'm sure somebody will be able to find it :-

There have been a considerable amount of new members since then though so perhaps it may be something we could do again, what do others think ???

Lottie was always fed on James Wellbeloved for many months.  She then began to get upset tummies which has since been solved by putting her on Naturediet which she loves ;).  (I've not heard of anyone else having a problem with JWB and I would always recommend it even though Lottie seemed to have a problem with it  :-...she always has to be different though ::))                    

Gilly:
Hiya Shona,

I would recommend JWB to...although Burns is a good quality food and is particularly good for dogs with allergies etc. Nutro also seems to be a popular choice to.
One piece of advice is if you pick a food try and stick to it and don't try and change if your pup gets picky...a mistake i made which doesn't help with a dog with a poor appetite  ;)
I would advise leaving the food down offered to your pup for about 20 minutes, if it has not been consumed within this time take it away and offer a fresh bowl of food at the next meal time. This way your pup begins to realise that food is on offer for a limited time only and will eat it while the goings good  ;) otherwsie i have found that they seem to get a rather blase attitude which is very annoying  ;) :-X

Good Luck

Gilly                    

Anonymous:
I would agree with that Gilly :)  Indie is a fussy monkey sometimes.  I have ended up changing her food 4 times so far ::)  I should have known better :- but then when they don't eat you end up trying anything and everything ;)  

She seems settled on the Autarky at the moment, but I do still have to mix it with other things at times, I think we spoilt her troo much from the start, but we love her to bits and can't deny those eyes ;)

Emma and Indie                    

Gilly:

--- Quote ---I should have known better  but then when they don't eat you end up trying anything and everything  

--- End quote ---

Its a mistake i have made...although wiht Butty i'm not sure wether it would have made any difference anyway as she has never had a great appetite...NO 2 will get one choice and one choice only as I have learned from this  ::) saying that though i think having 2 makes a difference anyway because of the competition  ;)

Gilly                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version