Author Topic: Step backwards with toilet training :(  (Read 1111 times)

Offline kslrow

Step backwards with toilet training :(
« on: January 17, 2021, 07:02:05 PM »
Hi everyone

My family has a 5 month old wcs who is perfect in most ways (at least to us!)
Training, recall etc is all going well and up until recently she seemed pretty much toilet trained. She rarely had accidents indoors, would always sit by the back door waiting to be let out or nudge us.

The past week has been a different story!

She’s started peeing inside every evening from about 6 o’clock, even though we let her out regularly and keep an eye on her for any signals eg waiting by the door. When we put her out now she just stands by the door waiting, and pees about 10 minutes later  >:( >:(

The rest of the day she is good as gold so we’re baffled! We think it could be a dislike of the chilly weather but not sure why it’s come on recently as it’s been cold for some time.

Any insight would be really appreciated  :lol2:

Offline juju

Re: Step backwards with toilet training :(
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 07:50:55 PM »
Izzy went through a stage of not wanting to go outside at bedtime, usually if it was raining. I ended up with wellies and a coat and Izzy on a lead. She had no objection to daytime walks in the rain and I think was just having me on. She has been very good other than that but I always had a trigger, “hurry up” which I still use now. It can be very handy when I’m shivering at the back door!
                             Julia

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 07:49:41 PM »
Could she have a water infection.
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline kslrow

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 10:09:06 AM »
Thanks for you tips! We have started taking her out on her lead and she always pees within a minute! But she has started having more accidents so she’s going to the vets to check her over.

Thanks again xx

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 10:32:43 AM »
Thanks for you tips! We have started taking her out on her lead and she always pees within a minute! But she has started having more accidents so she’s going to the vets to check her over.

Thanks again xx

Best thing to get her checked, hope she is ok  :luv: