Author Topic: The first of many stoopid questions - setting up new home system  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Lovely

The first of many stoopid questions - setting up new home system
« on: February 11, 2013, 05:58:12 PM »
Ok i now have laptop, printer and home hub all in their boxes. Bt say i will start to receive my broadband at midnight tonight. My question is what should i do first- there is a cd thing i have to put in the computer when i set up the hub, but do i start up the laptop and follow the set up procedure for that first? Am confused please help! All the instruction manual for the laptop says is to follow the on screen instructions when you first turn it on. As you can tell i am a slight technophobe!
Ali

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
Re: The first of many stoopid questions
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 06:30:32 PM »
Ok, take a deep breath ;)

I am no expert, but I think you set up your computer first, then your broadband after that. From experience, computers these days normally pretty much take your hand and guide you through it.
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline Neon

• Donator
Re: The first of many stoopid questions
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 06:35:28 PM »
Yes, I would set up your laptop first.  You will need it to go through the step by step instructions for connecting your hub.  (I would leave the printer until last).   I presume it's a wireless connection?  Do you have your password to connect your laptop to the hub?  It is easy as you get step by step instructions and you should have a BT helpline telephone number somewhere to call if you need assistance.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Lovely

The first of many stoopid questions
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 06:38:37 PM »
Yes i think i have the password i will do it tomorrow night once the signal is working. Yes it's all wireless allegedly. Thanks guys i'll keep the helpline number handy as well. Can't wait to be up and running!
Ali

Offline Ian Wright

• Grace
    • Cages
Re: The first of many stoopid questions - setting up new home system
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 09:30:44 PM »
Turn on laptop then home hub search for wifi when your laptop has found your hub enter code found on pull out thing on top of hub and away you go simpels cd does not have to be loaded have fun
Amazing Grace Jalankiu    5/9/2009 18/5/2022