Author Topic: AGILITY OR FLYBALLING  (Read 2891 times)

Offline lucyjordan

• Anybody got a spare pheasant ?
AGILITY OR FLYBALLING
« on: February 23, 2013, 03:55:54 PM »
Does anybody know of any agility classes or flyball training in the Newcastle Tyne and Wear area please.
lucy

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
Re: AGILITY OR FLYBALLING
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 08:21:39 AM »
Does anybody know of any agility classes or flyball training in the Newcastle Tyne and Wear area please.

there is agility ran up by forest hall, you'll have to Google it as I can't fully remember it, it was by barking mad dog training; I enquired but that's as far as we got as I thought it was expensive (but I don't know how much these things cost).

Tangy Tango (username on here) does fly ball at north shields (I think), so she'd be best to ask about that.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 08:36:12 AM »
Have a look on Agility Net http://www.agilitynet.com/ and click on the clubs link. There's a list of agility clubs showing addresses and contact details.

Offline lucyjordan

• Anybody got a spare pheasant ?
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 09:26:12 AM »
Thank  you both for the information you have shared with me.  Much appreciated and ill start checking things out.

lucy

Offline tangy tango

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 08:53:46 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation Dipsy! Yes we are part of a bfa flyball club called the Geordie Racers and we train in North Shields. We have a Facebook page with more information about our team and have a variety of breeds who train with us.  If you are interested please get in touch, you can pm me on here or send us a message on Facebook   :D

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 09:09:51 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation Dipsy! Yes we are part of a bfa flyball club called the Geordie Racers and we train in North Shields. We have a Facebook page with more information about our team and have a variety of breeds who train with us.  If you are interested please get in touch, you can pm me on here or send us a message on Facebook   :D

I'm interested lol, I just need to message you  :005:

Offline tangy tango

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 12:15:22 PM »
Well there is no rush  ;)

I really enjoy training the beginners and we have a lovely bunch of dogs in our training group, including a handsome show cocker Alfie who is such a good lad considering he is not 18 months yet.  I also love seeing lots of non-collies doing flyball because there are so many dogs who are capable and love having an activity to do.  They all do it at their own pace and it is great seeing them progress over time.  As a team we accommodate all speeds, with the slowest dog being my JR Bella who was probably managing 8 seconds yesterday  :005:

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 12:17:08 PM »
Well there is no rush  ;)

I really enjoy training the beginners and we have a lovely bunch of dogs in our training group, including a handsome show cocker Alfie who is such a good lad considering he is not 18 months yet.  I also love seeing lots of non-collies doing flyball because there are so many dogs who are capable and love having an activity to do.  They all do it at their own pace and it is great seeing them progress over time.  As a team we accommodate all speeds, with the slowest dog being my JR Bella who was probably managing 8 seconds yesterday  :005:

Do you accept beginners at all times or just at certain times? How much is it?

Offline tangy tango

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 08:29:41 PM »
We ran a beginners course before Christmas but now just pay each week as we sometimes can't train on a Saturday due to competitions. Classes are £5 and should be an hour but we always run over :005: We usually have about 7 or 8 dogs and break the training down into smaller parts.

Offline Tiramisu

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 11:13:38 PM »
i think Mypetstop should have those.
We used to train to mypetstop Leeds before they closed the Manchester & Leeds centre down

http://www.mypetstop.co.uk/dog-training/class-timetables/