Author Topic: Agility equipment  (Read 5319 times)

Offline blueroangirl

• Site Member
  • R.I.P Sweep 21.2.2004-7.12.2013
Agility equipment
« on: April 29, 2015, 06:14:42 PM »
As Milo (honourary cocker!) the lab is now 1 I have been thinking of maybe getting some equipment to use in the garden - a tunnel, jump and weaving poles - as it sounds like a fun activity. Anyone bought any equipment they can recommend please. Thanks.

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
Re: Agility equipment
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 06:17:06 PM »
Jessie jump are good, but I bought a pack on line somewhere, I'll see if I can find a link, and I just supplemented the pack with stuff from pets at home :)
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 06:18:46 PM »
http://m.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/agility_training/agility/hurdle_jump/131130?gclid=Cj0KEQjwgoKqBRDt_IfLr8y1iMUBEiQA8Ua7XQwAHzXuLU-1AguMsBKvo-hqTvjV9t0LLWmrqs8dUb0aAmqH8P8HAQ

This is what we have, plus I think I bought a few additional things from there and I got a non-collapsible tunnel from ebay
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline blueroangirl

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 02:25:22 PM »
Well I went and took the plunge and bought a tunnel and two of those adjustable height jumps from zooplus. Sadly the weather not been the best since but we did have a little go last week and Milo loved it. Plan is to buy a few weave poles from Jessiejump as funds allow. We have a low coffee table and I was thinking of covering that with carpet to make it non slip and using it as a sort of wait place. Or I could put his car ramp up against it to make another obstacle. Finding teaching him the name of toys great fun. He is learning giraffe and ball at the moment. To be fair he really knew ball from fetching it. He will fetch a toy or a ball from a bucket now and loves finding treats hidden under balls in the muffin tin!

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 03:54:40 PM »
My friend has a car ramp for her elderly Golden Retriever and William loves it. Even though he retired from agility 6 years ago because of his back problem he still knows the commands for going up or down and when he comes down it he automatically stops for a second at the bottom, same as he did on the A Frame, Dogwalk and Seesaw when we were competing.

Offline blueroangirl

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 04:59:14 PM »
Aw bless him! I might give it a go then if it EVER STOPS RAINING lol. Kids (well 21 and 19 year olds!!) home from uni in a few weeks so will try and rope them in to making this agility course!