Author Topic: free Windows 10 upgrade  (Read 15209 times)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: free Windows 10 upgrade
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2016, 12:15:30 PM »
I see Microsoft are doing their best to get people to change even using sneaky means
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2016, 02:20:42 PM »
For those who do not want to upgrade to windows 10 be warned. There is a plan to make it an automatic upgrade by Microsoft which will be part of a normal update download. The best way of stopping this is to download a program called "never 10" it is a freeware program and takes 30 seconds and does not stop normal updates just the windows 10 one.

Thanks for this - I have just installed it on my laptop and the little box that keeps nagging me to upgrade to 10 has disappeared. In my humble opinion everything went wrong after XP, and that wasn't perfect, Vista was a nightmare, so I never went further. When our desktop died we got a mac, and though it was expensive, there is no antivirus software to buy (which also screws up Windows), and the vast savings of money going into the swear box more than compensates  :loll:. I have an ipad, which is great. My laptop is still Windows, can't afford a macbook at the mo, but I hardly use it. Microsoft are not kind to its customers, so it;s nice to be able to beat it  :011: :011:

lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2016, 11:34:10 AM »
For those who do not want to upgrade to windows 10 be warned. There is a plan to make it an automatic upgrade by Microsoft which will be part of a normal update download. The best way of stopping this is to download a program called "never 10" it is a freeware program and takes 30 seconds and does not stop normal updates just the windows 10 one.

Thanks for this - I have just installed it on my laptop and the little box that keeps nagging me to upgrade to 10 has disappeared. In my humble opinion everything went wrong after XP, and that wasn't perfect, Vista was a nightmare, so I never went further. When our desktop died we got a mac, and though it was expensive, there is no antivirus software to buy (which also screws up Windows), and the vast savings of money going into the swear box more than compensates  :loll:. I have an ipad, which is great. My laptop is still Windows, can't afford a macbook at the mo, but I hardly use it. Microsoft are not kind to its customers, so it;s nice to be able to beat it  :011: :011:

lesley and Dylan

Thanks from me too Mark, have just done the deed.  :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.