Author Topic: Advice on Ollie and wetting  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Advice on Ollie and wetting
« on: April 30, 2021, 10:10:10 AM »
Firstly Ollie was seen for check up yesterday and doing ok.  I mentioned the wetting, he leaks and wets in sleep - but not full bladder if that makes sense.  The vet said basically it was one of those things and medication is difficult due to the steroids, which gives him the quality of life he is still having.  She also said we can play round with the water tablet and reduce that, he has 20mg Frusemide each morning.

I use the Glendarcy band at night and it helps but, his fur smells and I just bath underneath time about three times a week ( done yesterday). I use baby shampoo, maybe a stronger scent might help but worried about his doggy bits :shades:  He has always been happy to let you do anything which is a blessing and seems to like the rub a dub and hairdryer :005:

I also use a baby talc underneath and on side skirt. Plus I have a spray for skirt sides, the vet said to rub bicarb in the skirt.  Any spray recommendations.

I wondered if there is any advice on how to manage both the smell on Ollie and also spray his bedding, I have a waterproof blanket to place under the bedding have purchased more so as to rotate daily.

Any product or any advice, have wondered about mixing bicarb and cornflour, plus he is going to be clipped in just over 2 weeks, his groomer has done him since he was one and she loves him and he adores her.  I will ask her too.

Sorry so long but I am struggling and a wee bit obsessed as my old westie skin broken down underneath and I am desperate for this not to happen to Ollie.

I have to keep on top of this and really need any advice.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline PennyB

Re: Advice on Ollie and wetting
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 04:49:08 PM »
This would happen to Wilf - he had like a dribble but it would wet an area

I didn't get treatment as while it did get a little worse (in larger dribbles) as he got older it didn't bother him but as he would wet inside of his thighs in his sleep I would gently wash and dry and like you I used baby talcum powder too

I discovered wet dog mats (Jacobs Den, http://www.jacobsden.co.uk/) which are great for them not getting bed wet too (I use them for general stuff as well as in wet/damp dogs from river or rain or some use in a car). Note that Jacob is a cocker too!
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Advice on Ollie and wetting
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 11:01:15 AM »
Penny thank you for this, I had Ollie clipped last week and it has helped with hind legs, I have also just contact Jacobs Den.

Many thanks Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed