Author Topic: Quiet little Dog?  (Read 922 times)

Offline rubyduby

Quiet little Dog?
« on: May 23, 2021, 09:23:59 AM »
Amber is 2,1/2 yrs old , she has recently had a season and tailed off around1-2 weeks ago, just wonder how long their hormonal attitude remain, she is definately much quieter, even when out. She is eating okay (she always gets fussier during her heat)but isnt as manic or bubbly as her usual self, and sleeps quite a lot .Having said that she is scratching and chewing with allergies (un decided) particularly at night so wondering if she is simply tired thro lack of sleep. I have booked her in for a health check this week, but wondered if anyone had any ideas. Terrified she might other have underlying issues, she has been for injections for her itching and nothing else said, yet recently one vet said she had a very low grad heart murmur, ??? strangely not noticed/mentioned before...

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
Re: Quiet little Dog?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 02:58:56 PM »
I found Dylan was very itchy when he had spot flea treatment (name escapes me at the moment), last year I switched to Billy No Mates and the itchiness ceased. Maybe worth a try?
A couple of my Scottie bitches used to be depressed after a season for a few weeks.
And two of my cockers had heart murmurs, but it didn't affect their lives at all. They weren't diagnosed for a few years either.
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Quiet little Dog?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 03:40:29 PM »
Humphrey also has a heart mumur but the vet says its quite common and nothing to be concerned about...the stress of being at the vets can be enough to bring it on.