Author Topic: Net Access On Phone  (Read 1469 times)

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Net Access On Phone
« on: November 02, 2005, 10:51:42 PM »
When I to dads, I dont have access to the net and hate it  :rolleyes:

Saw an advert recently for a T Mobile Web n Walk phone or pda that gives access to the internet.......does anyone know anything about them ...can you access all websites...such as COL  :lol: ...have looked on their website and its not clear  :rolleyes:

Thanks xxxxx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Net Access On Phone
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 07:53:09 AM »
When I to dads, I dont have access to the net and hate it  :rolleyes:

Saw an advert recently for a T Mobile Web n Walk phone or pda that gives access to the internet.......does anyone know anything about them ...can you access all websites...such as COL  :lol: ...have looked on their website and its not clear  :rolleyes:

Thanks xxxxx
[snapback]156880[/snapback]

OH has one, and it's sooo rubbish, IMO. You can access websites but it takes a lot longer than normal, and crashes more often. I tried it up north, and gave up as it was taking ages to laod.

Maybe their are better ones, ask for a demo instonre, but his is new (a couple of months old) and I wouldn't thank you for it to be honest.
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Net Access On Phone
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 10:50:23 AM »
You have a lap top dont you? Why not just buy a cable and use a PAYG sevice? You can give the money to your dad towards the bill. Most are a penny a minute
Caroline and Alfie

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Net Access On Phone
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 07:27:16 PM »
...thanks Shona...that would drive me mad  :rolleyes:

Caroline..I tried taking my laptop last time and loaded a tesco pay as you go but it didnt work, the helpline said you cant have two ISP's on the same puter  :blink: ...and it messed up my broadband and I had to reload all the drivers  :rolleyes:

..looks like I'll have to get used to being net free while I'm away  :D ...shows how addictive it is  :lol:  :lol: xxxxx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Net Access On Phone
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 08:56:22 PM »
I have a feeling that thats not true as Ive had two or three dial ups on my pc at anyone time although I have to admit thats not since Ive had broadband (not got a modem anymore)

When you got your lap top did it come with a modem? If so you should be able to still add a dial up and connect to it using the internet connection settings in your control panel - bypassing your broadband. If you dont have an internal modem then you can buy an external one cheap
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Net Access On Phone
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 09:20:26 PM »
Does all of this mean you are coming to see your Dad soon, Sue?

Do let us know, Buddy would love to meet Daisy and Georgie!

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Net Access On Phone
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 03:08:48 PM »
Thanks Caroline...I'm useless with all this techi stuff, wish there was an easy way of getting access for a dumbo like me. :rolleyes:

Annette...will be picking dad up for Xmas some time in early December, would luv to meet up for a walkies and meet the lovely Buds, and you of course   :D  xxxxx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"