Author Topic: Recording studio software?  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
Recording studio software?
« on: July 20, 2007, 08:57:31 PM »
Just wondered if anyone can help, my husband writes and plays music on guitar and i've been after a program for him for aaaages.

What we need is a small 4-track studio type thing which would enable him to record something, then play back what he has recorded, to play along to and add extra layers. I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but he needs to lay down guitar, then add vocals over that, then backing vocals etc.

In theory it should be a quite small and simple program, so it must exsist somewhere. We just can't find it. ::)

If anyone has any ideas, or even knows of anyone who might know of a suitable program, i would be eternally grateful for some names. :D
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Krisdt

• Site Member
Re: Recording studio software?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 09:28:17 PM »
we have a programme for this but you would also be better off getting something like a tascam midi box (sp) my oh has loads of stuff like this, will check which programme it is he uses and get back to you asap

Offline Danni n Betty

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 12:29:01 AM »
Hi Beth,
I asked my boyf to read your post (music geek  ::) ) ...made no sense to me  :005:
He said to check out the following page

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/browse/category_id/24b56b6045d06772714ca00fec8642f3

Its from the company he works for, but you'd probably get it from Ebay or somewhere cheaper, once you know the name of what your lookin for  :D
Hope its of some help  :D

Offline SimonThePhotographer

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 05:07:56 PM »
I make my own music on the PC.  I use the following....

• Cubase SX 3 (for sequencing)
  • Midi 61 control keyboard
  • Various microphones
  • Low latency soundcard, such as Soundblaster XF-I (no more than 12ms should do)
  • MIDI hub

Along with various instruments of course.  There are also easier alternatives for recording, like Sony Acid Pro - which is like a simple to use sequencer.  Cubase is the dogz though....

And here's a song we made earlier (Blue Peter stylie, but with less cheating).   It was written, recorded and mixed in about 6 hours.  Im not a great singer so dont expect much - but it does demonstrate what you can do with a home PC!

Click here to hear it!

(The Thunderbrats is the name of my virtual band!)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 11:04:22 AM »
Thanks everyone. :D I knew you'd know, :luv: will get googling all the programs mentioned and then start saving. ::)

Simon, that kind of quality recording would be perfect. Just what we're after. :D
We do have access to a copy of acid pro, but didn't think it could do the simultanious play/record that we'd need? :huh:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline j-u-l-e-s

• Site Member
  • Lirah
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 01:06:15 AM »
 :005: why save just go to isohunt.com and do a search hehehe you might be suprised.
Ž––––•Jűlęz•––––Ž