Author Topic: which insurance recommended? good experiences?  (Read 6396 times)

Offline Jeeves

• Site Member
  • Mrs Bridges - International Love Goddess!
Re: which insurance recommended? good experiences?
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2007, 03:04:03 PM »
Having just made a claim for Ronald with Petplan, I can recommend them very highly - the bill was settled direct with the vet within less than a week.

Yes, they're expensive, but it's the old adage... you get what you pay for! :D
Parker, Mrs Bridges, Ronald and Jeeves (my Little Bear, no longer with us) and Nicky (that's me!)

Offline Vino tinto !

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2007, 04:21:49 PM »
Has anyone used Direct line ? we are thinking of trying them as we have all our other insurance with them ?    :huh:

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2007, 07:16:22 PM »
Hi,has anyone used argos pet insurance?am thinking of taking out cover with them for new pup.

Only the Argos Platinum Cover offers ongoing cover for conditions that last longer than 12 months, all the other Argos policies are for the first 12 months only - and all their policies are subject to a huge list of exclusions compared to the "premium" companies such as Petplan and M & S.  Direct Line has a long list of exclusions, too - I opted to change from them after 12 months (fortuantely, we had never claimed), as they changed the policy, and things I would want included (such as pre-op blood tests) were no longer covered   :-\

It really depends what you want your insurance to cover you for - they are defintely not all the same  :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline september

• Site Member
  • Summer is for ball throwing!
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2007, 08:18:15 AM »
We are with Pinnacle, we pay £21 a month.  My OH searched for cheapest that has a decent policy.  You have to be really careful about the small print as people have said, what they will pay out for, how long the will pay out for and the excess.  Kennel Club is similarly priced but something was wrong with it...Think you have to pay the frist £??? of any claim and it was a lot, sorry can't remember why we didn't pick them!

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2007, 10:00:53 AM »
Another vote for Healthy Pets here, had four claims and never a problem

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss

Offline ruby ruby doo

• Site Member
Re: which insurance recommended? good experiences?my findings! thanks!
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2007, 11:40:11 PM »
 Thank you everyone for your advice! :D    got a real headache comparing like for like! agonized over this decision. ::).but wanted to stick to a reasonable budget! wanting life cover and at least £5 K vet cover for each condition suffered.. I settled on healthy pets eventually. the highest gold cover at 9.50 a month wanted to stretch to Halifax.. but figured if premiums then go up the next year..i wanted to keep cover affordable.. introductory offers seem all very well.. but i do not want a shock when they do not apply the next year. (i.e. two months free) . I researched and questioned dental care which seemed a bit contradictory..It seems dental injury but not work is covered.. or covered after holding a policy for 2 years.. I have learned form researching this that should your pet require treatment for an ongoing condition you are effectively tied to your company as other insurers will most likely not want to take you on. So being sure you have chosen wisely to start with seems to make sense! The other point i have realised is that, although covered for that "free" 6 weeks..you will have tied yourself in to that insurer if a condition develops.( and may not like their terms!) AND... your new insurance does not commence for the first 10 days..so i reckon you should tackle insurance issues 1 /straight away...before purchase or  2/at the least two weeks before the free insurance runs out. May still shop around next year however...although reckless ruby seems to be showing some signs ..dare i say it ! of calming down!! :luv:     Thanks all for advice! hope you have all good experiences! I wonder how many of you have had to claim off other dogs insurance!
jo & ruby =)