Author Topic: help she will not stop howling!!  (Read 1092 times)

Offline mrs hamster

• Site Member
help she will not stop howling!!
« on: January 29, 2004, 02:06:40 PM »
Bon Bon will just not stop howling unless she is being held. She goes to bed ok in her crate and just howls for 10 mins max and sleeps right through to 7.00am ish so after only a week at home that is great.

The problem I have is during the day time. I can't let her just run around for her own safety as we have a 6 month old Border Collie who likes her but he will squash her if we are not careful.

She has all the presribed comforts warmth water food toys etc etc etc lots of free play time but I can't put her in her little play pen just a foot away from me without her screaming continously. Barney our border collie has been no angel but we certainly never had the screaming ab dabs with him, is it just a Cocker thing??

Should we simply ignore her howls, she has been screaming for an hour now and she can see me she is right at my feet but in her pen.

Don't think I can tolerate much more!Im feeling guilty and tearful to be honest.

Jane
She is aged 8 and half weeks                    
Dull women have immaculate homes

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
help she will not stop howling!!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 03:37:42 PM »
Hi Jane

I would leave her and not keep going back to her as this is what she wants and if you do it she is winning  :wink: Cockers can be right little devils if you give them an inch so you need to be firm with her.

Things will get better trust me, I had a phone call from a couple who have just brought back a puppy - they arrived back home with her on the Monday and the girl phoned me on the Thursday morning as the Puppy wasn't sleeping and howling at night  :roll:  She was almost in tears on the phone as she was so worried about her.  The worst thing this particular person did was stay at home with the Puppy all day.  When I was on the phone to her I said that she must leave the Puppy, go to the Shop or something but not to be with her 24/7.  She hadn't even taken her into the garden  :wink:  But after I went around and gave them a few tips things have settled down a great deal.

HTH                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands