Author Topic: Was he saying goodbye?  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Xensgirl

• Site Member
Re: Was he saying goodbye?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 12:49:23 PM »
I was amazed by Roslyn's post about Dill's favourite toy - and I would have laughed and cryed at the same time too.  How comforting for you Roslyn.

Its very bizzare reading these posts - I know I put this on initially, but I'm really not a believer in the 'afterlife' and all that stuff.  However, even though I lost Bramble in 2003 and my Weimaraner Jazz 15 months later, I often feel they are still around - or maybe thats because I so desperately want them to be? I don't know. 

Or maybe we just loved these dogs so much, the bond with them cannot be broken, even by death.

It would be nice to believe that.

Offline helshaw

• Site Member
Re: Was he saying goodbye?
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 11:12:09 AM »
We lost our blue roan cocker 4 yrs ago and not long after he was pts both my husband and I felt him jump off the bed. He always slept on our bed or the floor but the last few weeks of his life it was always on the bed as he couldn't jump on and off so we lifted him on there and that is where he stayed. Its only now when I am writing this that it must have been him letting us know he was free from pain and wasn't suffering anymore. It still brings tears to my eyes thinking of him.