Author Topic: The Case Of The Missing Poo's  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Woody's Mum

• Site Member
  • ''The dog is the god of frolic''
The Case Of The Missing Poo's
« on: September 15, 2004, 12:42:09 PM »
Sorry if any of you are eating lunch!! ...     :lol:

I went down to Daisy this morning at 7am as normal.  She has been really good at nights lately and waits till morning to do her poo's in the garden.  Well, this morning on the paper there was a definate big poop mark ... but no poop .... I think she ate it!!!     :o

Suffice to say she didn't get her usual morning kisses off Mum!!

Is this nomal??  Shes not hungry as I'm feeding her the reccommended amount of food for her age and she always leaves a bit.

Yuck    :blink:  
With Love, Toni & Woody xx

www.myspace.com/tonitee

Offline PennyB

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 12:49:06 PM »
You have my sympathies as I've got a poo eating cocker and no matter what advice I take from anyone it never works for me LOL
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

lynseyloo

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 01:50:09 PM »
Suffice to say she didn't get her usual morning kisses off Mum!!

that had me spitting an icecube across my desk..  :lol: sory I dont knwo the answer to this, jessie did do that same thing for a short while, however she stopped on her own, although I do pick up riht away, which is a little hard in your situation.  :unsure:  

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 04:01:11 PM »
welcome to the not so nice world of puppy ownership. This activity is called cophragia and many many puppies do it. It's perfectly natural - just disgusting from our perspective - especially when they then want not just a little slurp but a full french tongues jobby - yeeeeeeeeuch.

Pineapple or courgette in the food is supposed to make the end product less appetising. I found the only way to win was to get there before they get to eat it which means cleaning up the second they do the poo. In a young puppy this is not a bad thing as you can reinforce the good behaviour of pooing but then a firm "no" if they go to eat it, but difficult if they're doing this when left.

Buddy used to do this  - doesn't now though - but he has also pinched the odd bit of sheep and deer by product on occasion - sruffball that he is :D

The trouble is if you get one that's partial to any old type of poo:upchuckingsmiley:

good luck! :D
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Becky

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 08:23:09 PM »
Both of my parents dogs did this as young pups but grew out of it before they were a year old, but Penny's story is testement to the fact that not all do. :(   It's fingers crossed I suppose :D .  We did give them pineapple and some tablets called Deter from Pets at Home, but I don't know if they helped or not.  Good luck!
Love Becky, Danny and Ollie!