Author Topic: Daisy's Progress - Any Advice?  (Read 740 times)

Offline Woody's Mum

• Site Member
  • ''The dog is the god of frolic''
Daisy's Progress - Any Advice?
« on: October 06, 2004, 10:33:23 AM »
I’m just wondering about Daisy’s progress and what she should be doing and not doing at her age .. she is 16 weeks today (Happy 16 weeks Daisy!!)   :D

So far she:  :)
Sits on command, stays (nearly!), lies down, fetches and drops the toy on command, walks well on the lead, doesn’t use teeth on people, goes outside to the toilet, sleeps well, travels in the car with her harness (whining occasionally) and has now mastered the game of ‘Find It’ which she loves.

But, she also:   :(
Tries to jump up on sofa when we are sitting on it, pulls home from walks (I think because she gets thirsty), bites shoelaces, eats my doormat … and the main one .. won’t let me brush her unless she’s dead tired at the end of the night!!

Because she is our first puppy and also our first Cocker I’m never sure if she is doing well enough or not. I am bringing her up ‘The Perfect Puppy’ way so she is not allowed upstairs or on the furniture – but she is still a little spoilt because we adore her and give her lots of cuddles – there is nothing nicer than Daisy kisses!!

Are there any more games or useful things I can teach her? Any advice would be so gratefully appreciated.

With Love, Toni & Woody xx

www.myspace.com/tonitee

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 11:14:59 AM »
Cant advise but if you ever want to work your magic again, you can have Alfie for a week :)
Caroline and Alfie

Offline PennyB

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 12:28:19 PM »
Recall is the best thing you can do right now as well (don't just leave recall for when you want to put her on the lead as she'll suss that one). Play hide and seek games with her and running away from her are the best ways to improve it (but never chase her as part of recall as she'll think its a game and you'll never achieve your aim then). Its well worth practising now as when they become teenagers they become a little 'deaf' and so you need to go back to basics again.

Also, don't overdo the training and just do it in short bursts. Puppies are puppies and let them be the fun loving things they are and enjoy that fun with them.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!