Author Topic: Need a coat  (Read 1780 times)

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
Re: Need a coat
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2009, 10:49:30 PM »
I agree with Helen, mine don't go out with coats on although I have thought about it. They are mucky pups who loving diving in mud and swimming (even in this cold weather!!!)  they are fine whilst they are active. I have found that they tend to be cold once we are back at home so I am looking into a fleece or similar to help dry them off. It depends on your dog and if you have nice sedate walks or the swamp fest my two are into  :005:
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline PennyB

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2009, 11:03:52 PM »
My two have been out all day fundraising recently in really cold weather and they've been fine (I brought the coats with me just in case but never needed them)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline sazzysue

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2009, 12:15:50 AM »
I brought one for Marlo when we had alot of rain as I got fed up trying to dry him as he hates the dryer and goes hyper if drying with the towel and it takes ages to dry him.. I will be ordering a Equafleece as well fairly soon (and I always said I would never put clothes on him  ph34r  :005: )

Sue & Marlo

Offline BabyB

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2009, 03:59:39 PM »
Mine have coats but only really wear them during freezing weather  :blink:
Same here, and they have their new indoor fleeces that arrived last week  :D

Although, Dylan (and Morgan  :angel:) have never worn an outdoor coat  ;)  But then again, they both won't pee in the wet, let alone get excited for their lead if it's raining  :lol2:
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline moola

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2009, 09:05:50 PM »
The coat thing crossed my mind too this week.  We spent a couple of hours sledging and even though Picklepants was busy having silly amounts of fun he did start to shiver.   When he gets wet I'm going to make sure I've got something to put on him at the end of a walk.
Really looking forward to shopping :) !
Lab lover who has discovered the dark side that is .... cockers!

Offline black taz

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2009, 10:58:45 PM »
I have one for Kelly, which i only used to use if it was raining - but has she has lost a lot of weight recently i have started to put it on to keep her bones warm.  I have only used it on Taz twice - he absolutely hate its.  The first time i hadnt realised i had caught his willy in the flap that wraps it shut and wondered why he wasnt stopping for a wee  :005: 

He also wore it last week at the christmas party - i dressed it up to look like a christmas tree