Author Topic: pretty shook up  (Read 1117 times)

Offline xlynnx

• Donator
pretty shook up
« on: January 04, 2010, 12:17:52 PM »
I had a terrible experience with zoe the other night  :'(  We were walking the other night and 2 dogs ran up to us ( could not see an owner).  they started to circle us and one was barking and growling.  Zoe was on her lead and sat down as if to say "whats happening".  I kept walking with zoe and ignoring these dogs which is hard when they were so vocal and they eventually went away.  Gave her a wee treat and reassuring her that the dogs were away.  Then out of the blue they tore round the corner and went mad circling us again. This time zoes lead started to get caught between my legs so as I am trying to untangle us one jumped on zoe and grabbed her on the back of her neck. She was screaming ( horrible noise I hope I never hear that again) I picked her up as these dogs continued to go mad.  Then a woman came round the corner whistled on them and they took off.  I was so upset I couldnt believe she never even offered an apology or asked if we were ok, she just walked on around the corner and off into the night.  I wish i could have said something to her but just didnt come out.  Now my daughter wont walk zoe alone and i am slightly aprehensive going out too.  Lets hope my girl never mets them again.  She is none the worse for wear as i took her down to her bud Benji and she beat him up as usual  :005:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
Re: pretty shook up
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 12:36:39 PM »
Ah.  I feel so sorry you had to experience this.  It is so upsetting.  And, even more upsetting when people take a 'couldn't care less' attitude about  their dogs.

We had a similar thing happen to Luis, and he yelped really loudly.  I thought he had been badly injured, but fortunately it was all noise as he was so frightened by it.  I have never felt so helpless in my life, although I did all I could to get the other dog off.  I now use a walking stick when walking on the moors.  I wouldn't want to use it to injure a dog, but simply instead of my hands to try to deter it.

Don't let these badly behaved dogs put you off.................there is a chance it will never happen again to you.

:luv: :luv:
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline stamford

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 01:26:51 PM »
Is it a local walk ? You didnt recognise the dogs at all ??

Offline Lucianne

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 02:21:54 PM »
Poor you and Zoe! My pup is nearly old enough to be walked now, and the likelihood of this sort of thing happening terrifies me. I've read on here of some awful experiences like this that people have had. I really feel for you - inconsiderate dog owners make me  >:D  >:D  >:D

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 04:13:14 PM »
Awww its horrible when this happens  :'(  and it does really knock your confidence too.   

Sadly, we've had a couple of scary experiences with Nina  :'(  We had 3 Labs run at full speed towards us & they were jumping all over her, the screaming noises she made were terrifying  :'(  : She was about 7/8 mths old then.  She has also had a Greyhound being aggressive to her, which was pretty scary too.  I believe the 1st incident has affected her badly with her attitude to other dogs & despite trying to get her to mix with other friendly dogs, she only seems to accept other cocker spaniels.  She is especially scared of any dog larger than herself.  :'(  None of the owners of these dogs apologised, and in fact the 3 Lab owners thought it was funny  >:(  Its not funny when your dog can be affected like this & it really does make me angry how inconsiderate some dog owners can be.  >:D  Sorry my rant over  ::)

I hope Zoe has some happy, positive experiences with other friendly dogs asap, and really hope it doesn't affect her.  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 08:37:46 PM »
Bless her  :'( Sorry you had to experience bad dog ownership it really shakes you and the dog up  :'(

Hope you are both ok

Offline starboy

• Site Member
  • Theo and Apollo
    • Starboy
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 08:52:07 PM »
It's really horrible when some thing like this happens. Hope that you are both Ok and try to avoid them if at all possible.
From the Darby family

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 08:56:43 PM »
How horrible for you and Zoe, we've had it from local dogs too, the owners sounded the same as the one you experienced.

Hope you all get over it quickly xx
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 08:57:08 PM »
Aww I am so sorry to hear of your scary experience, hope you will both be ok in time  :luv:  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 09:12:21 PM »
My big  softee GSP nearly lost an eye after an incident in the woods.  He was ahead of me, I lost sight of him and then I heard the most awful screaming and shouting. Max came back to me with blood all over his head.  My concern was for Max and it made it worse that I was about 30 minutes from the car park.  Nobody appeared to help me, though someone must have known as they shouted at their dog! >:(
It took another half an hour to get to the vets where Max was admitted and had to have the skin above his eye stitched (just a centimetre lower and it would have been the eye) >:(
The woods were Max's favourite walk and for a long time afterwards I just avoided it  >:(
I just feel so angry that someone was aware of what their dog (dogs) had done but didn't face up to their responsibilities.  >:D
I had to pay the excess at the vets but I was SO grateful that Max didn't lose his eye.
I really feel for you and Zoe, it is a horrid experience and makes you really wary to take your dog out and you do become apprehensive when you see other dogs.
I hope you and Zoe can enjoy your walks in the future.  :luv:
Max (GSP)  always in my heart