Author Topic: blackberry curve 9300 problems  (Read 1920 times)

Offline blueroangirl

• Site Member
  • R.I.P Sweep 21.2.2004-7.12.2013
blackberry curve 9300 problems
« on: February 25, 2012, 03:24:21 PM »
I wondered if anyone could help. My daughter has a year old blackberry curve 9300 and today the internet has stopped working on it out of the blue. Thanks.

Offline JohnMcL7

Re: blackberry curve 9300 problems
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 11:51:16 AM »
,What network is she on and what does the symbol at the top right show, it should be something like edge, 3G or with a blackberry symbol, please note it down exactly.

Edit - the reason I ask is that Vodafone have been having Blackberry problems recently (or at least last week, had trouble getting a BB to activate) and the status symbol at the top right indicates whether the Blackberry has successfully connected to BB services.  A lower case symbol (gprs, edge, 3g) means it has reception but hasn't been able to sign onto the data services while an upper case symbol (GPRS, EDGE, 3G# (Blackberry symbol)) means it has.  I'd try switching off and pulling the battery out, if it powers back up with the lower case status symbol you need to give Vodafone a shout to check if there's something wrong with the BIS (Blackberry services) on the account.

John

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 04:07:07 PM »
We're on Vodaphone, both my daughters have BB and haven't had any problems

Offline Evadee

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 07:59:58 PM »
I have the same phone and have no problems at all, I'm with O2 though.

Has she checked the "manage connections" on it, has she accidentally changed something?  She could always go to the shop where she got it from they may be able to help.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 09:24:47 PM »
Not sure if you've cured the problem but check manage connections an that Wi-Fi is still ticked...either that or if your daughter is on a "limited contract" she may have exceeded her data limit for the month :'(

I have the same phone and on Vodafone

Offline blueroangirl

• Site Member
  • R.I.P Sweep 21.2.2004-7.12.2013
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 03:41:10 PM »
silly DD didn't realise she didn't have enough money for Orange to take the £5 bolt on so they disconnected the BBM etc!! I don't know ... kids who'd have 'em!! Thanks to everyone who posted trying to help.