Author Topic: Cockers Doing Agility  (Read 936 times)

Offline xxkatensweepxx

• Site Member
    • http://
Cockers Doing Agility
« on: April 01, 2005, 11:34:57 AM »
I wondered what height categories the few owners on here who do agility with their cockers are in, as Sweep is a midi, which is quite annoying, as he has to go against the border collies and jump that bit higher, apparently bitches are usually minis is this true?
thanks
kate n sweep

The more i meet people, the more i like my dog.

Offline Spangle

• Site Member
Cockers Doing Agility
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 12:30:58 PM »
Hi Kate n Sweep
You might remember me.... Small world isn't it!!
Glad to hear you and Sweep are doing ok   :)

Heights of mine are as follows:
Sophie (now retired) was midi, I'd say she was approx 15.5 inches and the tallest of all mine.

Billy competed as a midi for 2 years until they brought in official measuring, then he was measured as a mini and is almost exactly 15 inches.  (Could have done with knowing that 2 years ago!)  When the new regs come in he will be a medium.

Ted, although still too young to be measured at present is definitely a mini, possibly will be a small with the new regs but we'll wait and see if he grows any more.

From what I see at shows I think there is a similar amount of dogs and bitches in mini and midi.  There is even a standard cocker too!

Rachel, Sophie, Billy & Ted xxx

Rachel, Sophie, Billy, Ted, Bonnie & Sammy xxxx

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
Cockers Doing Agility
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 04:22:09 PM »
Bilbo is a standard, but he is a tall working, he has only just started so we shall see how he copes :)

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline kookie

• Site Member
Cockers Doing Agility
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 04:37:27 PM »
I cant imagine Alfie doing agility. He cant even walk in a straight line without tripping over his own feet! :(
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline xxkatensweepxx

• Site Member
    • http://
Cockers Doing Agility
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 11:34:04 AM »
Hi Kate n Sweep
You might remember me.... Small world isn't it!!
Glad to hear you and Sweep are doing ok   :)

Heights of mine are as follows:
Sophie (now retired) was midi, I'd say she was approx 15.5 inches and the tallest of all mine.

Billy competed as a midi for 2 years until they brought in official measuring, then he was measured as a mini and is almost exactly 15 inches.  (Could have done with knowing that 2 years ago!)  When the new regs come in he will be a medium.

Ted, although still too young to be measured at present is definitely a mini, possibly will be a small with the new regs but we'll wait and see if he grows any more.

From what I see at shows I think there is a similar amount of dogs and bitches in mini and midi.  There is even a standard cocker too!

[snapback]112580[/snapback]

Hi
Yes I remember you, are you with a different club now?
Sweep is in the mini/midi class, and he's probably the worst out of all of them but he's still learning, Your Ted looks so much like Sweep, I bet he will do well in agility. Now after reading the messages on here I can see that being midi isn't so bad and size isn't everything, are you coming to the NDDAC show in June? I'm entering Sweep into starters see how he goes, he'll probably go off  on a scent knowing him though.
Thanks
Kate n sweep

The more i meet people, the more i like my dog.

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
Cockers Doing Agility
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 01:27:24 PM »
When I've had Lottie measured I will compete with her, she did quite well in her youth but never competed, she's 5 now but she's even quicker  :blink: . I saw quite a few cockers at the Easter Celebration show, I doubt any of the owners where COLers though.
Cayley.

Offline Georgie

• Site Member
Cockers Doing Agility
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 03:39:38 PM »
I cant imagine Alfie doing agility. He cant even walk in a straight line without tripping over his own feet! :(
[snapback]112714[/snapback]

Sounds familiar :rolleyes:  :)
From Georgie and Bailey xxx

Offline Spangle

• Site Member
Cockers Doing Agility
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 04:53:51 PM »
Yes I remember you, are you with a different club now?
Sweep is in the mini/midi class, and he's probably the worst out of all of them but he's still learning, Your Ted looks so much like Sweep, I bet he will do well in agility. Now after reading the messages on here I can see that being midi isn't so bad and size isn't everything, are you coming to the NDDAC show in June? I'm entering Sweep into starters see how he goes, he'll probably go off  on a scent knowing him though.
[snapback]112985[/snapback]

Hi
Midi isn't so bad, although it's frustrating that most shows only ever seem to have open classes for midis (and often minis)  Thankfully there are the few who have starter and novice classes and I am quite picky now about which I go to as a result.
You might enjoy the EMDAC shows if you can get to those, they would be really good fun for you and Sweep.  I'm going to the April and May ones.  I'm probably not going to NDDAC as I think taking the rosettes to Golden Valley on the same weekend, so I'll be entering that one instead.  
No I've not joined another club since I escaped  :lol:   I don't think I'll be doing that for a while    :lol:  :P

Rachel, Sophie, Billy, Ted, Bonnie & Sammy xxxx

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
Cockers Doing Agility
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 10:41:39 AM »
Probably see you at Golden Valley then!  As one of our local clubs we tend to run a ring party there.

In relation to sizes, I have
Ellie - 12.2 inches - mini and will luckily stay small and have a better chance I hope!
Charlie - 15inches - currently mini but will become medium
Dylan (soon to compete) - will be midi and medium - luckily he is quite a bouncy chap and seems to be coping well with it!!

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!