Author Topic: Agility fundraising - need some urgent ideas!  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
Agility fundraising - need some urgent ideas!
« on: April 29, 2009, 07:25:31 PM »
Have just heard the KC haave withdrawn all funding for the european open and so we are self funding.  Okay but they have decreed if we are to go the costs we have to pay and for me and someone to go to help with Spice is going to cost the best part of £1K before food and kennel costs for the rest of the dogs, etc.

I had arranged a fun day to pay for my groom to go and hopefully it will raise a bit of money but not enough - things are really tight for me as everyone else at the moment and do not know how else to raise any more money - any suggestions???

A week ago was so proud now not even sure am going to get there - I could go alone but it is stressful and ideally you need some support. I know in the grand scheme of things that there are worse things than not going......

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
Re: Agility fundraising - need some urgent ideas!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 08:22:48 PM »
What about looking out for things you no longer need and sellling them on ebay.

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
  • However crap the day cocker kisses aren't far away
    • Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 08:41:53 PM »
Could you seek sponsorship, maybe from the food company you use, vets with the agreement of wearing sponsored clothes, providing them with a photo story. You could see if a magazine, maybe Your Dogs would be interested in helping if you gave them an interview/ story.

Sponsored event...

Try the local papers as well maybe..
Emily & the Jabracken fluffies - Bracken, Hermes and Jasminex

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 09:06:01 PM »
emilyjw has a good idea with the sponsorship, especially for coverance of your 'story'!

Also, maybe you could host some training days?  Or your training club may be able to hold fun events...proceeds to your trip?

Um, does agility have a 'fund' to help with this sort of thing?

Hope you can raise the money somehow...it would be such a shame for you and Spice to miss out.

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 09:06:45 PM »
I don't know much about agility but could you get sponsorship for each obstacle. I think the idea of sponsorship from your local pet shop/vet is a great idea. What about PAH write to their Head Office, such a large company I'm sure they would give a donation.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 08:52:12 AM »
I would also suggest a pet food company (Martin at Rockwood used to get sponsorship for their operation by a pet food company and now its Frontline!) or even a pet insurance company or may be whover makes the footwear you use or want to use (am thinking of some other outdoor pursuits type sports that use equipment that get sponsored for footwear and clothing).

Burns sponsor CaniX uk

Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 09:21:19 AM »
What about holding agility classes for the public on a regular day and charge them
if there was agility near me i would love to go for fun

Offline PennyB

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 10:50:46 AM »
What about holding agility classes for the public on a regular day and charge them
if there was agility near me i would love to go for fun

Rosie does that anyway ;) - Roobs was one of her pupils a month or so back
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline wilfsaunty

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 04:04:10 PM »
Kennel costs for your dogs... I'll talk to you later  ph34r

Been thinking about this all day - really need to get out more.

Local newspapers was my first thought - with an appeal to sponsors.  I know the Echo love a good sob story and a sob story with a dog is even better.

Pet food companies - I know Burns sponsor a lot of things.  JWB and CSJ would be the other 2 that spring to mind.

Dogs Today - think they are the one with the coldwetnose blog.  If you can get an appeal on there you might get some offers of sponsorship.

Local companies - years and years ago I needed funding to go to Hungary.  We got quite a bit of money (in small amounts) by writing to local companies.  Some only gave £50 but it all helped.

Organise some sort of evening event - particularly if you can blag a venue for free.  Even something as simple as a quiz evening can bring in a few hundred quid.  And you know what dog people are like for a good excuse for a drink  ;)

You will go to the ball (switching from the Wizard of Oz to Cinderella - though I still think you're more wicked witch than Cinders!)

I'll keep thinking... you'll probably smell the smoke from Newport!

Offline Freckle

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 10:11:18 AM »
Rosie

When is your fun day?

Have you advertised it on here - we could try and get loads of cockers there and get pics taken and sold etc.

Jane

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 12:23:56 PM »
Hi Jane

I hadn't actually thought about that!  It is on Sunday 7th June at a friends farm - Cwm Farm Caerphilly.

Three classes for all dogs and a raffle with all prizes for classes and raffle being donated by a number of very generous dog related sponsors!

I will ask about advertising here but if anyone who reads this is interested they can either pm me their email and I can send the entry form or email (without spaces!)

bhc agility @ yahoo. com

mods I hope that this is allowed and if not apologise!

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline Freckle

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 12:50:46 PM »
 >:D Rosie I am on holiday in Cornwall or would of given my time freely.  :'(

Can I send a donation to you at the same address as entry form?

Really sorry I cant be there to help.

Are you at Packington in May - or Phoenix UKA - if yes then will see what I can find for your raffle too.

Jane