Author Topic: UKA this weekend :)  (Read 1082 times)

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
UKA this weekend :)
« on: August 24, 2009, 11:00:06 AM »
Hiya,

I decided to book a couple of UKA shows as they're smaller and you can enter some classes NFC and take toys in to try and build Rio's confidence...and.....it worked! OH went in with Rio for the agility with her tennis ball and it really helped her confidence. We just did the Saturday the results were:

Roxy 1st Steeplechase (won by 4 seconds! - she's a speed demon!!)
Zara 3rd Steeplechase
Rio 1st in Beginners Jumping
Penny 1st in Veteran Agility, 2nd Veteran Jumping (...I'm to  :embarassed: to say how many were in the veteran classes!!  :005: - it'd hurt her feelings publishing that te he)

Roxy had a fantastic round in the jumping, I worked her from the middle of the course, she didn't bark once and did exactly as I said all at the speed of lightning...until I crossed in front of her on the weaves...and stepped on her foot. I stopped and rubbed her foot better, and carried on the round clear. It was such a shame as she'd done sooooo well. So all in all a really good result after some really disasterous shows lately!! Anyone copmeting next weekend at Cheltenham? We're there on the Saturday so see you there?!

H x

Offline fionad

Re: UKA this weekend :)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 09:17:47 PM »
Thanks for taking me again Holly, Mum's really proud of my new yellow ribbon! :D

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 09:31:34 PM »
Yay - well done to all of you..... glad taking the ball in helped, onwards and upwards now  :D

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 10:12:50 PM »
Well done to all of you  :clapping: :clapping:

William and I still miss the shows and training. I wish we could go back to doing it again, but I can't risk William's back. Having to stop doing it has left a huge dent in our lives  :'(

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 10:21:20 AM »

William and I still miss the shows and training. I wish we could go back to doing it again, but I can't risk William's back. Having to stop doing it has left a huge dent in our lives  :'(

Sorry to hear about Williams back, that's a real shame  :'( Will you start with little Louis? He's such a sweetie - it'd be lovely to see him at the shows 2010/11?!

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 10:22:16 AM »
Yay - well done to all of you..... glad taking the ball in helped, onwards and upwards now  :D

Thank you!  :D Its lovely to see Rio enjoying herself at the shows instead of head down and tail between her legs!!

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 11:08:41 AM »
Congratulations on all those placings :clapping:
1st by 4 seconds  :o  amazing  :banana:

Hope to see you & the gang again soon
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 03:40:20 PM »

Sorry to hear about Williams back, that's a real shame  :'( Will you start with little Louis? He's such a sweetie - it'd be lovely to see him at the shows 2010/11?!

I'd like to have a go at agility with Louis, but I'm pretty sure he will be more of a challenge to train than William was! Hopefully we'll start training properly next summer but will do little bits of training at home before then, once he's old enough. In the meantime Louis will be going to puppy training and ringcraft starting next month. If he's good enough to show I will probably do a bit of showing when he's a puppy, but agility is what I really want to do.